The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aww...I know it's amazing how much The Muppets have influenced our lives.
That's why I really identified with Julie Andrews' song to Kermit: "I'm so glad that you love me too...cause I've loved you since you were a tadpole and I was a fish." :smile:

And I think at least for me why I get choked up because I wish I could go back to that time of being a child. Time goes by so fast.
Yeah movies have always been a big memory trigger for me (and probably for most people). For a split second you are literally in that frame of mind again.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think that's why when "Pictures in my head" plays I just get really emotional okay I cry but anyways...lol! Especially when Kermit says "If we could do it all again, just another chance to entertain"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think that's why when "Pictures in my head" plays I just get really emotional okay I cry but anyways...lol! Especially when Kermit says "If we could do it all again, just another chance to entertain"
I honestly didn't think I was going to cry during this movie but when Kermit said, "Or did something break we can't repair?" I definitely felt the welling up, lol. Because it reflected my own uncertain state of mind about the Muppets for a long time. And to see them kinda wondering the same thing was a very poignant moment for me.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I knew I was gonna cry when I heard "Rainbow Connection" was gonna be in the movie and of course I did but...I just got very emotional seeing Kermit walk through the hallways of the mansion and seeing all his friends. Like I said I never cry in movies so for me to get emotional during The Muppets for me is a big deal. LOL!

Yorick

Reaction score
Aww...I know it's amazing how much The Muppets have influenced our lives. Like I said before I think I love them and appreciate them way more now then when I was a kid. And I think at least for me why I get choked up because I wish I could go back to that time of being a child. Time goes by so fast.
My love for them may have been the same all these years...like a rock...but I know what you mean in the sense that when you watch something from them you've loved since you were a kid, you pick up on things you didn't understand the first time. Sometimes it can feel that much more powerful than it already was. And I definitely agree with you about the influence they've had (100% positive) and I agree even more (if that's possible) regarding how the emotional power of something they did years ago is often even greater due to how fast the time goes, and wishing we could go back. I certainly relate to your point there. It's sad, and yet, it'd be even sadder if we didn't still have these to enjoy now. After all, they don't make anything like they used to! And this is coming from someone who is also a fan of new stuff!

Yorick

Reaction score
Singing Jim's favorite songs at his memorial service:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSE1Mtnnm4Y
There are many reasons this is a tear-jerker. They did such an amazing job. If anyone hasn't seen it all the way through, I highly suggest you do. And by that, I mean this clip. Personally, I still haven't seen the entire memorial service, but I'm sure I should get to that!

Mark Johns

Reaction score
There are so many. Too many. I recently watched the doc, Being Elmo, and they show a scene from Jim Henson's funeral and I cried like a baby and couldnt get the thought out of my head for days regarding what kind of a world it would be, had he lived longer.

Another for me is the song that Ma Otter and Emmet and his jugband sing after working thier first night in the resturant as a tribute to Emmet's late Father. Even as a kid, that scene really got to me.

This ine is newer, but everytime I watch The Muppets, when Kermit starts singing Rainbow Connection and then everyone joins in during the Telethon, I cant healp but shed a few tears. Even listening to the soundtrak, I tear up.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Weird one for me lately...

"I just want to say, when I was a kid, I saw you recite 'Hamlet' while jumping your motorbike through a flaming hoop, and it made me feel like I could do anything. Thank you."

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Weird one for me lately...

"I just want to say, when I was a kid, I saw you recite 'Hamlet' while jumping your motorbike through a flaming hoop, and it made me feel like I could do anything. Thank you."
Not weird at all!