My Fanniversary (10 years!)

Beauregard

Reaction score
So....10 years ago today (16th April, 2002) was the day I joined MC officially as Beauregard!

It may honestly have been the single best decision of my life.

From that day, I grew my sense of humor, my sense of self-worth, my imagination, my belief in others and in myself, became aware of my uniqueness and laughed at least once every day...

Thank you so much to everyone who has always made this place the place it was then, the place it has been, the place it is now and the place it will be.

Love!

Bea:zany:{Matt B Regard}regard

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, BEAUREGARD!

I think it's very appropriate for me to celebrate the anniversary of our dear Beauregard joining MC, since he was a big part of the reason I joined. Actually, he was part of TWO of the reasons I joined--for his participation in that one thread where a bunch of people hijacked the EM bus and stole Muppets and all sorts of wonderful muffiny shenanigans... and for that fanfic he kept forgetting existed. I had to join so I could nag him to write.

And if I hadn't joined, I wouldn't have started writing fanfic, and wouldn't have figured out that hey, writing really is what I want to do with my life. Not to mention that I wouldn't have made some of the greatest friends I've ever had, including... BEAUREGARD! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

<Throws confetti>

minidoozer

Reaction score
Dear Matthew,
I'd like to propose a toast! If it hadn't been for you, my life would have been so very different and so very much less interesting (the same can be said for the life of a certain someone else). I wasn't there when you joined MC but I remember the first time we "met". Oh, the joyous and completely irrelevant conversation we had about Star Wars! Can I just say that you're probably one of the best things to ever happen, to MC and to us who are lucky enough to call you our friend!
To Mat B Regard! *cheers*

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Congrats, man. You've always been an inspiration and good friend. Happy one-oh!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Congrats, man. You've always been an inspiration and good friend. Happy one-oh!
Thanks 'son'. I was thinking about that piece of artwork you once did with the top 100 (or more?) posters from MC on it at the time. I can still look at it and have memories connected to almost all of them!!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Okay, bucko, here's the thing. I've known you for seven years now and I'm sick and tired of putting on this act and doing this pretending and carrying on. I think, after TEN YEARS of you being here, it's about time I revealed how I truly feel.

About seven years ago (nearly EIGHT... goodness), I had just joined up on this fair forum, and I had no idea what was what or where to begin. Then I found Beauregard (or more likely, he found me), this mystical, historic figurehead of Muppet Central. His trademark Beau-face avatar and his always-witty posts and signatures made him so much more than just some other member to me... he was THE member to me. Anyway, we got to talking a bit and somehow he wrangled me into the crazy world that was The Moppet Family... and the rest is history. Thanks to Beau, I found out that I could be funny through my writing, that I could make wonderful friends on a website, and that being a Muppet fan could actually mean something. Lisa mentioned this earlier... but I have to reiterate it, because it's just as true for me: Beauregard is the reason I stayed and still remain a Muppet fan.

He doesn't do it on purpose (I don't think... I can't imagine that he plans any of this out), he doesn't flaunt it, but Beau inspires people and reminds people why the Muppets are so great. He's always hilarious, sometimes somber, wonderfully thoughtful, incredibly smart, and one of the wittiest people I know. He's dedicated so much time, energy, and passion to this site, that it inspires other people to dedicate time, energy, and passion to this site. He has made so many wonderful friends over this decade-long history of forum fandom... and I am so honored and proud to be among them.

I've never met Beauregard in person (but I have met Dave Goelz in person... which somehow adds up maybe [but probably not]), but he's been the most consistent and entertaining idol, mentor, and friend that a Muppet fan could have. Plus, he's British, so that's always nice.

We may disagree on the appropriate sugar content of tea, or the quality of Glee, or who actually made out with that cow at DanDanStrawberry's wedding that one time... but Beauregard is my friend. One I treasure and still admire and respect... and one that I will meet someday, darn it!!

Congratulations on 10 fabulously Muppetational years, Beau. Thank you for everything!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What are we going to do to celebrate :oops: being here at MC for ten full years now? *Thinks...
:embarrassed: Need help?
Yeah... Bring in the vikings and the marching accountants, don't forget about the whoopee cushions. And launch the penguins!
:smile: Oh, so they do have something silly planned.

:crazy: explodes fireworks.

Yay for Bo! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Bo was one of the founders for a bunch of the threads we older members remember fondly. Without him we wouldn't have had MopFam or that very first vacation to Disneyworld, outstanding warrants for hotwiring the EM bus to reclaim the Muppet puppets, a Dark Universe where :concern: and :mad: somewhat ended up together, and other things I can't remember now like the soggy popcorn or iced tea.
So again, yay for Bo!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Wikipedia says the traditional anniversary gift for ten years is something made out of tin or aluminum, so I present you with a tin bucket to go with the mop in your avatar. Congratulations and salutations!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now if only we can get him to stick around like the way he used to.

And I'm not talking about using that yellowish goo he served for lunch everyday as a glue substitute.