New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I thought this was all about the new muppet movie, not the Jason Segal movie. I mean good grief! Jason set out what he wanted to do and he did just that which was get the muppets back to where they belong. The press just doesn't know when to back off! I've been saying all along I don't wanna see Gary and Mary. Good grief! :mad:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The press just doesn't know when to back off!
Like I say, they'd rather write over and over again about the same topic, than have nothing to write about at all. It's an effect of the 24 hour news cycle, they're afraid to be patient and wait for a story and instead just keep recycling news.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Like I said I wanna see Muppets that's all I wanna see in the next movie. More muppets and less people. Again I stress that's what Jim was so good at was making sure people only appeared briefly and the muppets shined the rest of the way.

Gonzo Fan

Reaction score
I think the press need to let it go on this Jason Segel thing. How much clearer can he be that he doesn't want to be involved anymore?
Still it was set up that him and Walter are brothers, so even if he isn't involved, I am still expecting his character to be referenced in the next movie. Maybe Walter would right letters to him, or have pictures of him around, but that should be as far as it goes.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Personally, it seems kinda soon to release a sequel. I mean, I'm all for a Muppet sequel but the thing I fear is that, in order to have it done by next year, that they're gonna rush writing it and getting it made instead of having time to create a decent idea(Doesn't have to be original, but some sequels just seems rushed to squeeze every dime out of the franchise they can. Look at the Hangover. Hangover 1 was pretty good, but they just took the same idea and put it in Thailand. If they just waited a couple more years, had a better idea, they may have thought of something that wasn't the exact same plot as the first one).

Daniel

zoebell

Reaction score
i doubt that. the movies are all separate things, and all the muppets are playing roles in them, so water's "role" in this one was to be related to gary. in the next one he probably won't be

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Personally, it seems kinda soon to release a sequel. I mean, I'm all for a Muppet sequel but the thing I fear is that, in order to have it done by next year, that they're gonna rush writing it and getting it made instead of having time to create a decent idea
Still you simply don't always get the time you need. Casablanca was written on the set as it was filming, lol. Some of the Star Trek movies were written under tight deadlines. I'm not saying this new movie will be Casablanca or Star Trek II (nothing else is, lol), but a tight time schedule doesn't have to mean disaster.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i doubt that. the movies are all separate things, and all the muppets are playing roles in them, so water's "role" in this one was to be related to gary. in the next one he probably won't be
Heh, you know I never thought of that! After all Kermit and Fozzie are only twins in one movie. And Scooter apparently lost his job as the band's road manager, lol.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
(1) What would you like to see as the plot in the new Muppet "comedy caper" type film?

Heck, who cares, as long as it's well-thought-out with no gaping plotholes. Ridiculous bendings of the laws of physics are permissible, however...

(2) What characters would you like to see have the leading roles?

Gotta go with the core group: frog/pig, Gonzo, Fozzie, Scooter. Their relationships have matured to the point that even exploring the dynamics within the theatre troupe are absolutely fascinating...to me and a few others, I think, at least...

(3) Do you want a Muppet villain (like in Muppets From Space, Letters to Santa and The Muppets) and if so who, or would you prefer the villain to be just a human role for one or more characters?

Someone else here said the human villain/Muppet henchman is a good formula; I tend to agree, but I personally wonder just how Muppety the not-Uncle-Deadly Muppet Monsters really are...mwahh ha ha ha!

(4) Whether they were in The Muppets or not, what five minor characters do you hope have a bigger role in the new movie?

Man, am I the only one here who wants more Newsman?? Loved his bits in the film, and if he at least gets that much screentime (I AM including the deleted scenes, folks) then I'll be thrilled. Other than my dedicated journalist, I'd love much, much more Bunsen & Beaker! We NEED a subplot with them. Rizzo would be fun actually having some LINES. More Beauregard. And maybe throw in Van Neuter?

(5) What style of music would you like for the new film? Are there any characters that you hope have a song in the new movie?

Oh frog, anything but rap/pop. TMS explored so many different genres and made it ALL enjoyable! I agree with what seems like the majority, too: EM gotta play. One entire original song, please, with the masters of Mayhem!
-------------

Status
Not open for further replies.