Question: Requesting a Muppet appearance

Eric Lundstrom

Reaction score
Hello!

Does anyone know if you can request a personal Muppet appearance? I'm on a committee for a local Swedish Festival and think it would be awesome to get the Swedish Chef to appear. Do they even do that kind of thing? I need some help. Anyone have any ideas on who I can contact. They don't exactly make it easy to contact someone about the Muppets.

Thanks for your ideas and advice! I'm in dire need of information!

Hubert

Reaction score
Though it's very unlikely you could get the Swedish Chef there, I'd say it's worth a shot. The worst they can say is no, right? Now, I don't think you can just mail Disney a letter, as I don't think that will get you anywhere. What is probably needed would be personal contact with a performer. I know some of the members on this forum could get in contact with Muppeteers, and if one of them could get you in contact with one, that'd be your best bet.

:fanatic:Sure it's impossible, but we gotta try!:fanatic:

Eric Lundstrom

Reaction score
Thanks Hubert! Yea, I know its a very long shot, but you're right, what's the worst they can say. I did call Disney and they sent me on a round robin of departments they thought could help. While everyone was very nice, they just got more and more confused on why I was transferred to them.

I actually found Bill Barretta (the Swedish Chef muppteer) on Facebook and sent him a message hoping he could at least tell me who to contact (his Manager, Disney, whoever), but no response yet. So that's why I turned here. I appreciate the ideas. If anyone else has any other thougts I'm wide open.

Hubert- thanks again for responding!

Hubert

Reaction score
We'll see. I hope it turns out well for you. I'll see what else I can do.

Hubert

Reaction score
Some other things that it would also depend on would be where it is, and when it is. If the festival is in the middle of nowhere and is in a month, you probably have less of a chance than if it is in a more well known place and is a good while away.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I hope you have better luck then me all I'm trying to do is get an address so maybe I can get an autograph picture of Kermit!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I don't (sorry!), but I just wanted to comment on how awesome your new avatar is! :super: