Your Thoughts: Jim Henson's Musical World at Carnegie Hall

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Bad as in Video or sound? I want to hear it. I can put a picture up and not watch the video. I want to hear the songs and hear the Fraggles voices!
Bad as in both, but the sound is even worse than the video. My camera picks up way too much ambient noise. :frown:

Oh man ya shoulda said hey. What do you look like? Im sure others were there I didnt recognize or were too shy.
Yeah the show (as in THE show) was either last minute or kept under wraps. Im just grateful flights were so cheap pre summer.

Yeah I shook my friends with my wikipedia like zeal for the Muffins...I mean Muppets. Most dont get it, and I rarely meet Muppet fans (as in more than just a passing "Oh I like Fonzie" sort)
I was waiting out front with my family about 10 feet from you. Not to repost for repostings sake, but this is me:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oh MAN!! I sooooooo wish I woulda just gone to this, lol. I'd kept telling myself "it's gotta have Muppets if all those performers are gonna be there", but the fact that Steve wasn't ever listed to attend continued to put me off. DANG!! Dave, I've wanted to work on a Muppet art-collaboration with you since you put together that awesome MC People n Pals project. Woulda been cool to hang out and talk/draw Muppets. :super:

Ah well, maybe next time. :sigh: Hopefully they'll realize how many people want this to happen again... and do it! Ha ha. Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

beaker

Reaction score
Bad as in both, but the sound is even worse than the video. My camera picks up way too much ambient noise. :frown:

I was waiting out front with my family about 10 feet from you. Not to repost for repostings sake, but this is me:

oh whoah! i just watched this video. Since my family couldnt make it, I made a dvdr with all the fan filmed footage and blogs relating to the Carnegie performance.

I wish people on here woulda had a 'post your mug' before hand thread

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't see why they don't do one in Baltimore. Which is where I live. I mean come on Jim Henson did go to college here! :/

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
After seeing that people had openly posted videos from this event, despite the attitude/policy against making such recordings at it, I decided I'd share the wealth of what I have. Upon first looking at the footage, I saw that most of it was a REALLY GOOD VIEW...

...of the ceiling. In my attempts to try to be inconspicuous, keeping my camera low, but angled up, I overshot it, not keeping an eye on the screen that shows the view, which would make it too obvious. I only got a quick look at Rowlf in a part of his intro, a brief glimpse of some S&W heckling, and a tad bit of the Mayhem playing the theme in the beginning medley.

I guess it might be good for audio's sake, though there's definitely some "WOO!"ing on my part, and maybe some singing along. If enough people are really still interested, maybe I can make a montage with pics or something, though I've never attempted such a YouTube cliche before. Let me know. See ya!

-Squigiman

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Oh man, I am insanely jealous of everyone who got to go, but so thankful to the folks who've posted reviews, videos and pictures! I would have absolutely lost my mind (in the best way possible) if I could have gone to this thing, and seen live Muppets and have a chance to meet Muppet performers/Sesame Street people (especially Steve Whitmire and Jerry Nelson, UGH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH).
I've been obsessively watching the video where you can really see over the black curtains at Steve and Eric performing Kermit and Fozzie - I LOVE watching the Muppeteers at work! And also obsessively watching the "Movin' Right Along" portion of the Muppet medley. It's my favorite Muppet song and one of my favorite movie moments ever, and seeing/hearing it played tribute to seriously gives me the shivers. What a beautiful event!!! I'm so glad that the various companies who own the various properties were able to come together to let this happen, and I hope it will happen more often!

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
After seeing that people had openly posted videos from this event, despite the attitude/policy against making such recordings at it, I decided I'd share the wealth of what I have. Upon first looking at the footage, I saw that most of it was a REALLY GOOD VIEW...

...of the ceiling. In my attempts to try to be inconspicuous, keeping my camera low, but angled up, I overshot it, not keeping an eye on the screen that shows the view, which would make it too obvious. I only got a quick look at Rowlf in a part of his intro, a brief glimpse of some S&W heckling, and a tad bit of the Mayhem playing the theme in the beginning medley.

I guess it might be good for audio's sake, though there's definitely some "WOO!"ing on my part, and maybe some singing along. If enough people are really still interested, maybe I can make a montage with pics or something, though I've never attempted such a YouTube cliche before. Let me know. See ya!

-Squigiman
I would REALLY like to see/hear all the video you have even if you don't do a montage.

PLEASE put it on YouTube! Thank you.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if Disney or Sesame Workshop put a limit on the amount of characters that could be included. Though almost all the important Muppet Show characters were there, it does seem a little odd that only four Sesame Street Muppets would have.