When you need to rant...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, it's almost kind of like Aunt Esther from Sanford and Son, some people out there think such things are blasphemous, like even even drinking and smoking.
Well, heh, I would argue drinking and smoking can potentially lead to evil things. I'd be much more worried about them then tattoos.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Well, it's almost kind of like Aunt Esther from Sanford and Son, some people out there think such things are blasphemous, like even even drinking and smoking.
Aunt Esther! I love Sanford and Son! Speaking of blasphemous, have you ever heard any of LaWanda Page's stand-up, she couldn't have been more different in real life from Aunt Esther.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, heh, I would argue drinking and smoking can potentially leadto evil things. I'd be much more worried about them then tattoos.
Well yeah, but I mean even just the act of maybe taking a sip of alcohol or puffing on a cigarette.
Aunt Esther! I love Sanford and Son! Speaking of blasphemous, have you ever heard any of LaWanda Page's stand-up, she couldn't have been more different in real life from Aunt Esther.
Lol, no, but I HAVE seen some of Redd Foxx's stand-up, and it reminds me of this moment:

FRED: I love the way he spells his name with two Ds and two Xs.
LAMONT: I wonder why he does that?
FRED: Well, I don't know why he uses the two Ds, but I saw his nightclub act once, and I KNOW why he got all them Xs!

Plus, Redd Foxx and LaWanda Page had really great chemistry with each other, I always love whenever Fred and Esther are bickering at each other... all these years, I've been wondering if that one occasion where Fred snaps off Esther's wig was improvised, he reaction looked too real, and Demond Wilson seemed to genuinely be cracking up. :laugh:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well yeah, but I mean even just the act of maybe taking a sip of alcohol or puffing on a cigarette.
Oh yeah I mean you can overreact to these things certainly. The occasional sip of alcohol isn't terrible, you just have to be extremely careful. Though I have less sympathy for cigarettes at this point, they really have to go.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I was told tattoos and body piercings give demons a chance to posess your soul.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
that's weird I'm cristian and I believe in self expression! woo!
The way I see it, self expression is fine, Christian even! Tattoos aren't my way of getting there, but they're not evil or anything. If others want to get them (safely) that's cool. :smile:

I was told tattoos and body piercings give demons a chance to posess your soul.
Like I said, as far as encouraging evil, I'd worry more about things like alcohol (in excess).

Reactions: mo

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Tattoos are against my Christiananity.
Really? I'm a Christian and I know lots of Christians that have tattoos and piercings. I suggest you check out what the Bible says (or doesn't say) about this instead of just accepting what you've heard.