Contest: Design art for Fraggle Rock 30th anniversary merchandise

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i think i might try do you think drawing them with there performers would be a good idea?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Most artists have to buy Adobe Creative Suite for over a thousand dollars. It's the cost of business. :frown: On the bright side there's really no need for upgrades or their future upgraded versions for 99.9% of things. :stick_out_tongue:
Most people pirate it, but I purchased mine. :concern:
Adobe clearly wants blood. All I can say. I remember looking into it and almost having my first heart attack upon seeing the price. And that's without the Wacom Tablet and a scanner...

Actually, I've been trying for YEARS just to get some part time crap job to be able to afford it, but got denied every time.

bandit

Reaction score
Again... CURSE YOU Samsung Master Program I got from someone's camera being the only method of art work I can do that's good enough for fan arts but not good enough for something professional!!! CURSE YOU!

Still... Fraggles of These? That's cute and all, but why do I get the feeling they're getting lamer and lamer licensing companies? I for one want to see something much better than overpriced high end stuff and meh stuff in stores. Is Sababa bankrupt or what?
Haha! I don't disagree but I kinda like those little guy. They all look like 'Rags.'

kyunkyua

Reaction score
Haha, love those string dolls! They sell 'em all over the place here in Germany.
Oughta prepare something for the contest...

RedFraggleRocks

Reaction score
Most artists have to buy Adobe Creative Suite for over a thousand dollars. It's the cost of business. :frown: On the bright side there's really no need for upgrades or their future upgraded versions for 99.9% of things. :stick_out_tongue:
Most people pirate it, but I purchased mine. :concern:
You can get Photoshop elements legally for very little. I have PS5 and Illustratr 5 legally too but there are ways of getting a trail version.

RedFraggleRocks

Reaction score
I am gung ho, hands down freaking about about this contect. I HAVE to win tickets to that pary in LA. I live in LA! MUST...MEET..FRAGGLES... LOL This contest is very vague- I am a pro graphic designer and I wonder if it needs screen reduction- how many colors? The Fraggles are like 5 screens each minimum- what is the primary background color on the products used? Hmmmmm makes me wonder... Cleaning up and indexing art is what I do for a living. I design fabric. Does it have to be original artwork or can you use clip art? etc...The website really needs to clairify this stuff...

RedFraggleRocks

Reaction score
That's another thing I also wandered about. Are they asking us to design a piece of merchandise or a design that could be used across a whole range like a hang tag design??

Thanks for the twitter link phil.

Chris
Ya it's pretty vague! I wish they'd post more details...