Fozzie Illustration

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Hey all,

Heres a preview of how the illustration looks. As you can see there are a number of seats to fill, although I have assigned them to characters.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/6960934498/in/photostream

I'd love to hear any(!) feedback! Also, does anyone else feel theres something familiar about this movie for the poster for "the Muppets" that I came across today?? I sent mine to Disney over 2 years ago:grr:

http://mutantexis.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/blog-abre.jpg
That's what I thought too. Their version is a standard Photoshop job. Your composition is absolutely beautiful!

theprawncracker

Reaction score

Beauregard

Reaction score
Whoo-hooooo! Its amazing to see them all together like that after seeing all the sneaks and previews and individual characters! When I got the alert that this thread had been updated, as usual my heart skipped a beat wondering what exactly we would get to see next!

There IS a similarity! Although I'm sure there was a very old piece of artwork that depicted the Muppets in theater seats...although I cannot remember where or what it was originally...which they may have been referencing. But the similarity between your Animal and theirs is uncanny.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
This is SO WONDERFUL! (though yes, there is definitely a resemblance and they should be ashamed of themselves if they pilfered... especially because theirs is just some crappy photoshoppy photo thing and yours is ART).
I am ecstatic to see Link and Strangepork in the back there (I've been eager to see your Link ever since I discovered this project), and I love the ever-gleeful Lew in mid-fish-fling! Also the random penguin up there, lol... and I really can't get over how *perfect* Sweetums looks. Just... wow.
I am very glad you've picked this project back up. This reminds me (in the best way possible) of the beginning of "The Muppet Movie", as it very much captures the chaos (popcorn and penguins flying) of getting the Muppets together in a theater! The only thing I might suggest is that you add a paper airplane or two? :wink:
LOVE IT!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
AWESOME!!!!!!

Is that enough excalamation points? No. It is not.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE tell me you'll be offering this as a print! As a t-shirt! Both! Soon!

Agree with the pros. Your art is gorgeous and really draws in the viewer! I'm not even a penguin fan and the flying foot made me giggle. The whole thing is wonderful!!
------------------

Reevz1977

Reaction score
THANK YOU EVERYONE for the kind words!!. As you know, this thing has been a labor of love ...and then some!! Whilst I wanted to keep the final piece a surprise until it was finished, after seeing the Disney poster (who saw this mine 2 or more years ago) I felt like sharing it with everyone early - plus theres ALOT more interaction not shown yet that should raise a smile or two on the final piece. But just to explain some of what is shown on this visual...

• Floyd will have a chain, attempting to reign back Animal
• The Penguin is going to catch the fish thrown by Lew, which has also shocked the Chef, making him spill his popcorn
• Zoot and Lips are having the most muted conversation in the history of the Muppets!
• Robin is offering Sweetums his popcorn
• Waldorf is enjoying a cup of tea as opposed to the usual movie beverage
• Link is baffled by Strangepork who is wearing his "Pigs in Space" getup
• Gonzo is pulling Rizzo from Rowlfs popcorn
• Jim is at the back (to be joined by the Jerry and Frank Puppets) who is enjoying watching all the mayhem infront of him.
• PLUS many, many more secret interactions to come!!

Characters also lined up to appear are:
• Miss Piggy...Obviously
• Foo Foo
• Annie Sue
• JP Grosse
• Wayne and Wanda
• Doglion
• The Muppaphones
• Mahna Mahna
• Thog
• Hilda
• Angus McGonagle
• Behemoth
• Big Momma
• Bobby Benson
• Boppity
• Lew Kazagger
• Droop
• The Fazzoobs
• George
• Gladys
• Gloat
• Luncheon Counter Monster
• Nigel
• Pops and Gaffer
• Timmy Monster
Plus countless other Monsters, Chickens, Pigs etc etc

Have I missed anyone out?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Wow! This sounds incredible! I wish you the best of luck with your work on this.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I couldn't view your work on the Flickr page (not found), so I decided to go to your website and OMG! It's talent like that that always makes me wish I could draw or make some sort of actual picture and not stick figures. :big_grin:

Most definitely very awesome and I'm really wanting to see the final unveiling is!

Reevz1977

Reaction score