Muppet Convention

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I . . . just had this mental image of somebody renting a big, tacky bus in Florida, and then driving up the coast, picking up fans as it went along. And everybody sings Movin' Right Along all the way to New York (or wherever)..
Now see we could travel by Map or do this by montage and then everyone can come

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Seriously though. I think the best thing to do is pick a date, find a place to host it. Invite vendors. Now it would be nice for all the dealers to be selling muppet stuff, but maybe you can find people who sell some muppet stuff but might sell other memrobelia. Anyways charge a fee for vendors and that will help cover some costs. After you have a reasonable date you can start inviting celebrities (puppeteers etc:wink: Might be hard to get a lot of Henson people at first but maybe some other puppeteers that have worked on Muppet or Muppet typr productions. Anyways you can also invite people to teach Puppet making etc;. There are a lot of people on here who do a great job with that. All the people who who run these wonderful fan sites would probably be able to do great panels. The thing is this will probably start small...but when you can show people it works it will grow. DOn't expect a lot of big name people the first year or so...but when you show people this can work....well if you build it they will come.......sorry I'm just rambling again

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I'm not expecting any big name people, so if they come it would just be an added bonus as far as I'm concerned!
:smile:

Then we've gotta include food venders. Whenever you get a large group of people together, it's a good idea to feed them.
:insatiable:

Funny how periodically this topic comes up and we talk about having some sort of large-scale muppet party. One of these days it will happen!

bandit

Reaction score
Well you know, it's really not so far fetched. If you just want a gathering of Muppet enthusiasts then you could definitely pull it off. Let it grow from there. I like pretty much all the ideas I've heard here.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I just had an idea, if we had this Muppet Convention, why don't we have this in Jim Henson's birthplace/hometown OR where the Jim Henson statue is? It would be cool to visit the place that gave us the man who created the Muppets. If one of us finds a place, we should contact the city to see if we can get them on board to promote something like this. Instead of just us coming together randomly in one place, make it something special.

Daniel

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm in on any idea. I'm always tring to get to those Toughpigs Muppet vaults. If it's in NY I'm definatley there. It's only about six hours from where I live and this is a big occasion. I'm in.
All right. If we really wanna do this we gotta get serious. I seriously want a Muppet convention. There hasn't been one since MuppetFest in 2001. Something like that would be amazing. Though the problem is is that all the productions are under different companies. So it'll make it harder, especially with Disney. But seeing all the Muppets and Fraggles and Sesame Street Muppets together at Carnagie Hall, there's a possibility. I'll try to figure out how to email someone at Henson, Sesame Workshop and Disney.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I just had an idea, if we had this Muppet Convention, why don't we have this in Jim Henson's birthplace/hometown OR where the Jim Henson statue is? It would be cool to visit the place that gave us the man who created the Muppets. If one of us finds a place, we should contact the city to see if we can get them on board to promote something like this. Instead of just us coming together randomly in one place, make it something special.

Daniel
That is a great idea. Although the problem is.. Jim passed away on May 16th. There's not really enough days to plan it. (Bummer).
(P.S. Where is the Henson statue?)

bandit

Reaction score
Another great idea! I think the randomness of the location has to do with how scattered we all are across this chunk of rock. Still, that's sweet!