Songs You Can't Stand

dwmckim

Reaction score
It's almost a call back to Henson's earlier Sam and Friends type sketches, because it's basically a wacky record that Jim and the rest dressed up with crazy visuals. other than that, it's just a lame Spike Jonez like novelty record that isn't quite all that funny.
Not just "almost", but actually WAS done on Sam & Friends. Believe it or not, the Muppets did improve upon the original. Definately something that was bound to be a UK skit - kinda cute idea but thrown together without much effort to fill that time.

Hubert

Reaction score
Can't stand pop. Period. Anything we used to call top 40, now taken over by even worse bands than what was ruling the charts in the mid-'80s. (See earlier comment about Foreigner, heh.) All flash, no class, no talent.
Yes. That sums up what I've been trying to say for years.

Misskermie

Reaction score
----------------
I'm actually kind of grateful to admit I have NO IDEA what "The Christmas Shoes" even is. I tend to avoid anything commerical during the Xmas consumer-worshipping-baal season...

Can't stand pop. Period. Anything we used to call top 40, now taken over by even worse bands than what was ruling the charts in the mid-'80s. (See earlier comment about Foreigner, heh.) All flash, no class, no talent.

But the worst offender recently has been that horrible "Put a Ring On It" trash. How the heck did this repetitive, boring, pointless song ever reach popular status?

I refuse to be the same species as anyone who listens to it willingly.
---------------
So, you don't even like michael Jackson then?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not just "almost", but actually WAS done on Sam & Friends. Believe it or not, the Muppets did improve upon the original. Definately something that was bound to be a UK skit - kinda cute idea but thrown together without much effort to fill that time.
Found that out when I was looking up the author, didn't change comment.

But yeah, it's like that. Jim found these bizarre records and puppeteered to them, making them a hundred times more memorable. That's why the MOOG music from a Swedish sex documentary became one of the top songs associated with The Muppets.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Well not that I'm defending the song because I don't like it either, lol, but I think it's more that God inspired the boy to seek a gift for his mom.

There, I'm done defending, lol.
It's a good song otherwise I think.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My dad loves that song. Thank goodness they practically never play it on the radio :stick_out_tongue: