I realized I forgot to post about my cruise!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Meh..it was OK.

KIDDING!!!:big_grin:
It was WONDERFUL!!!:excited:
For starters we got on the ship,and saw my older brother,sister in law and 5 year old niece.We exchanged greetings.Then all of a sudden, out of the blue..out pops my 12 year old niece who I didn't think could come because she had school!!!:super: (there's no "surprised" icon on here) She still had school but got her work from school when my brother (or former sister in law) said that my niece would be away for a week. My niece was going to be staying in the same stateroom as me! Excellent!!:cool:
My mom was keeping my stateroom key from me for some reason .Her boyfriend said he'd treat me to Starbucks' once we got on the ship (since it was my birthday) So once we got on the ship my mother headed in the direction of my stateroom and her boyfriend and I headed for Starbucks. So we stayed there for about 10 minutes until his cell phone rang (we hadn't set sail yet) When we got to the stateroom it was all decorated with birthday decorations! (Both my mom & my niece did it.) It looked fantastic!
I wore my :hungry: shirt & carried used my :smile: lunchbox as a pocketbook.I got a lot of great comments! (more on the lunchbox than the shirt) You won't believe what movie they were showing on the ship a lot? I'll give you a hint. It has this guy----->:fanatic: I was kind of surprised since they're of Disney property. But my mom's bf said it was OK. They also showed Grease . They had a Grease sing a long plus doing the hand jive. I was trying to do it fast but fighting a losing battle! The guy sitting next to me was laughing (with me not AT me) & said "You're pretty good!"
I went to a lot of trivias on the ship. I won a few things . I forgot most of the questions. But here's a trivia fact for you. Did you know that a snake hears with its' tongue? (FBers that read my post ..you know this already:wink:)
All the staff on the cruise were REALLY nice! There's just one thing I don't like (except the end of the cruise) The room attendants & waitstaff call me Miss Kathy as if they're my slaves . To me we're all equal. I'm reading a book called The Help (I saw the movie too) & in the movie & book the maids & the other help called the employers Mrs. & Mr. & their kids Miss & Mr. I guess on the ship I wasn't comfortable with that.
My next cruise is in January.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
A snake smells with its tongue. It hears by feeling vibrations. Sorry to nitpick. I'm a biology education major. Its in my blood :embarrassed:

Sounds like you had fun though :big_grin:

Katzi428

Reaction score
A snake smells with its tongue. It hears by feeling vibrations. Sorry to nitpick. I'm a biology education major. Its in my blood :embarrassed:

Sounds like you had fun though :big_grin:
Well the guy doing trivia said the snake heard with its' tongue. I'm just quoting him.shrug

Katzi428

Reaction score
Ooo...how majestic! Sounds like you had a memorable Birthday. :smile:

<3
Yep...I sure did! I love cruises! (I know..."No kidding..Really?:rolleyes:" ) As much as I love them though, it's nice to get home to my cats. Once I got home, one of my cats was SO happy to see me & while I was on the computer he kept pawing at my shoulder for me to get off so he could snuggle with me. :halo:

Hayley B

Reaction score
Sounds wonderful. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip. I recently got my furniture moved from my apartment by the Starving Students. They too, kept calling me Ma'am or Miss Hayley (Miss Hayley at the most) . I also couldn't help but thinking of "The Help" as well. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Sounds wonderful. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip. I recently got my furniture moved from my apartment by the Starving Students. They too, kept calling me Ma'am or Miss Hayley (Miss Hayley at the most) . I also couldn't help but thinking of "The Help" as well. :smile:
I know that it's their job to call us Ma'am or Miss (or for our married female MCers "Mrs" and for the males "Mr." ) But they're human like us. They put on their shoes one foot at a time,put on their pants one leg at a time. I guess it's out of respect. For the first night the stateroom attendant called me Kathleen.I told her she could call me Kathy. So she was fine with that. Same with the waitstaff, but I think a couple of them forgot. (I don't really like being called Kathleen.)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
I guess it's out of respect.

I was born and raised in the Deep South. My mother, who has lived in the North, said that "Ma'am" and "Sir" was taboo (at least at the time she was growing up there). Meanwhile, "classic Southern hospitality" practically demands it.

Or I'm incredibly old-fashioned, LOL.

We only spent one day at Busch Gardens 'cause we were renting a car to go to Tampa. It was a blast. Lots of neat animals, my brother got me (sometimes reluctantly) on every coaster but one, LOL.