Any Bronies on here?

Lola p

Reaction score
Wait, this soon? Awsome! Can't wait! I am adicting to he song this day aria right now, lol

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I've Been A Fan Of This Show Since The Debut Of Season 2, I Am Also A Fan of Dan Vs. (Since Season 1) And The Aquabats Super Show!

mo

Reaction score
duh! course I am! I havent seen alot of the epiosdes but it's a alwesome show! my favourite pony is applejack but my favourite character is spike!

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
[INCOMING WALL OF TEXT AND MEDIA!]
I think my current avatars and signatures say enough. :big_grin: I've been hooked on this show for a little over a year now. xD

I didn't like it very much when it first premiered. (A lot of things were annoying me during the time, which prevented me from enjoying much of anything else.) I watched the first half of the two-part pilot On Demand. I ended up thinking it was ok but not for me, so I didn't even bother to watch the second part. (If I had, I probably would have gotten into the series sooner…)

I left the series alone for awhile, then one day as I was searching through the Hub section of On Demand again, I happened to find there was a new MLP episode called "Applebucking Season" and I thought "Eh, why not?”, hoping it was better than the last episode I tried watching. And...it was! I couldn't believe how much I was enjoying it! And how much I was getting a good laugh out of it too! At this point, I ended up thinking that maybe this series wasn't as 'meh' as I thought it was.

I left it alone again and started to notice how popular it was becoming on DeviantArt. I was amazed that this show was already getting tons of fanart and clubs decided to it. I was also amazed that the guys were just as hype about this version of MLP just as much as the girls! Seeing this, I had planned on someday giving the show yet another chance.

Somewhere in March of that year, I was reading an article on Know Your Meme that I had stumbled upon in a search. And in the trending list...was the show! I couldn't believe it caught on enough to reach meme status! I got curious and checked it out.

The page featured a bunch of YouTube vids with a background character the fans had named Dj Pon-3. Each video had a different song that replaced the original song she was bopping her head to in the episode she was in.

Whatever videos I was looking at from that bunch, soon led me to watching a clip from the show. And that led to another clip of the show. And another, and another, and another until I actually wanted to try catching it on the Hub’s channel…Which leaves me to where I am today. x3

I absolutely adore this show! It’s so much fun. :big_grin: It has a bit of a nostalgic quality and charm to it (A lot of the crew from the show have worked on older shows: Ed, Edd, ‘n’ Eddy, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends, The Powerpuff Girls, and Danny Phantom to name a few)

The main characters aren’t just there to look cute, and sell toys, Instead, you're presented with six likeable female characters with their own distinctive personalities. They’re not perfect; they have their faults and breaking points.

Even though it’s mainly aimed at children, it has references and jokes that only older watchers would understand:

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
I love the art direction; the style or the character design and background layout is appealing and unique:

Reactions: mo

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score

Whenever fans are asked why they’re so into this show, a common point they make is the quality of the animation. They are defiantly not cheap when it comes to Flash. They keep the movements fluid:
(This clip is part of an episode where a creature know as Discord causes Twilight's friends to act the opposite of their personalities. And yes, that is John De Lancie's voice for those who were wondering.)

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
The stories are well-written, the humor is clever and the songs… are BEAUTIFULLY composed!

Another thing I love about FiM is how it inspires it's fans to do some pretty neat things:

Voice acting and Animating:
(Both the voice work and animation were done by the fans.)​
(Only the animation is fanmade. The voices are clips from the show.)​

Crafting:

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
Video Games:​

Music:

(This song is a Pogo inspired piece; the artist isn't trying to make her say anything meaningful, they were just using samples to make up a melody.)

Raising Money for Charity:​

Not trying to say that MLP has the best fandom ever (Every fandom has it’s “dom”. There’s always going to be annoying aspects about them, like spamming the Hub’s Facebook and Youtube pages posting “NEEDZ MOAR PONEHZ!” comments. That bugs the MESS outta me...I’m pretty sure they know the video or picture it’s not pony-related guys, that’s not the only show on the channel… -_-) but it’s one of the most interesting fandom I’ve ever been a part of. ^^​
TL;DR: It's a good show. Give it a try if you're curious...Or not.
(I had no idea that I'd have to break my reply into five separate ones...I hope this doesn't count as spam. I wasn't intending to do that at all. ._.)
Does... eh... Does liking Powerpuff Girls come close? That I'm a huge fan of.
What do you mean? Does it come close to being a brony?