TV Alert: Muppets on The Bachelorette May 21

zoebell

Reaction score
i agree totally with that. frank's piggy was a force of nature, that's for sure. esp in her later appearances, after jim died. before that she was softer, i think jim as kermit balanced her out

but i will say that her total abrasiveness was usually hilarious and the interviewers were often cracking up and could never keep up with her. that's why they loved having her on. eric's is definitely more civil, but less outrageous. i like them both, but frank's piggy was so unique in his way- it's kind of impossible to replicate it

zoebell

Reaction score
i also think that frank's piggy would have totally ripped those guys to shreds in that piggy talk show segment- that was a bit of a missed opportunity if you ask me

Borples

Reaction score
Agreed, on all counts! I definitely wasn't trying to say that Frank's Piggy wasn't awesome, because boy, was she ever. And it was always fun watching stodgy old news anchor types totally crack up at her. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Pinky, that's an interesting take about Steve. I'd kind of assumed that it was a Disney-mandated thing. I like your idea better; I'm going to go with it.
I don't think Disney has THAT much say in what the puppeteers can do or say. I just remember the words Steve said in an interview one time with Eric that it's always important for Kermit to stay true to who he is but at the same time to not let his character get stale. You have to always be thinking of ways of how to develop these characters. So I think this is is what Steve meant in some ways. I mean obviously it ties back to the movie but I mean Steve could've easily went back to having Kermit say it was just a movie and their relationship was just for the movie. But he didn't. I think he thought it was time that they be a proper couple after all this time.

I think it's so fascinating to see how far Steve has come with Kermit. He's done such a bang up job. I mean Jim will always, always be Kermit to me and in my heart but Steve has definitely found his own Kermit and I think that's great.

Anyways...back on topic I see there was a picture of the guys with the snowths...so it makes me wonder did they perform Manha Mahna?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I was sort of hoping we would've gotten more a reaction when she catches Kermit zipping up Emily's dress but instead she just stomps off mad. Which to me made her look a little immature but she was still fabulous noneoftheless. And I love the clothes she wore.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I should also point out if incase anyone didn't notice this but where Kermit says "maybe we should bring the guys on stage" when it cuts to the guys you can see the Miss Piggy "puppet" (yes I'm sorry I broke the Muppet law) on the floor on the right side of your screen. Lol!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Frank's Piggy was funny as all get out in interviews, but nice? Compassionate? Nnnope. If she were a human instead of a Muppet, no one would ever have invited her back, ever.
I think you may have missed my point. I'm just saying that those sides of her don't get seen much today. Because those were all some of many aspects of a multi-layered three-dimensional personality. In some of her recent appearances, it just seems as if many of those layers have been taken away a lot, making her seem one-dimensional.

That's the thing that kinda turns me off about some of Piggy's more recent appearances. There used to be more subtlety in her writing in the old days as well, something that there needs to be more of.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I was sort of hoping we would've gotten more a reaction when she catches Kermit zipping up Emily's dress but instead she just stomps off mad.
Frank's Piggy reacted like that often times too. For instance: retreating to her dressing room, slamming the door and smashing everything in sight.

Also, to borrow a quote from a ToughPigs article:

Latter-day Muppet writers have had a hard time pinning her down, because it’s so tempting to just make her go around yelling and hitting people.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Frank's Piggy reacted like that often times too. For instance: retreating to her dressing room, slamming the door and smashing everything in sight.

Also, to borrow a quote from a ToughPigs article:

Latter-day Muppet writers have had a hard time pinning her down, because it’s so tempting to just make her go around yelling and hitting people.
I wasn't really comparing it to Frank's Piggy when I said that I was just saying in general...I don't really care when she just stomps off mad. But it's Piggy and I still love her no matter what. To me that's what makes her character so great. Just when you think you know what she's gonna do she'll do the opposite. Thats just my personal opinion though.