None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
----------------------------
Seems like every year since I've been out this way (AZ) some idiot local newsperson shows footage of themselves cooking an egg on the sidewalk or a car hood.

----------------------------
What bothers me is here, the news people barely complain about the heatwaves that cook us every summer: they'll mention how hot it is outside, and tell people limit outdoor actitivies, keep drinking water, stay in a well air-conditioned area, etc, compare to previous summers about how many days of 90+ degree weather, what the hottest day of the year was, etc, but never a real complaint. HOWEVER, as soon as the temps dip below 70, then they all start whining and crying about how cold it is outside, and how they're freezing to death, and how they can't wait for the cold to pass and the weather to warm up again, wah-wah-wah-wah-waaaaaaah...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Crapamaggot!

The relief we were supposed to get next week ain't gonna happen after all. :grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
****! The intense heat outside has made my thermostat jump up to 78 this afternoon... and it's set at 60!

I swear, if we have to put up with this heat for much longer, I'm going to cry.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh brother... did I tell you?

So, right now, we're going through a LITTLE bit of relief (not today, it got hot again today, unfortunately), mid-80s isn't exactly a cool down, but after weeks on in of temps in the 90s, 100s, reaching 110, we'll take it... so, now that we're going through tis streak right now, everybody on the news is like, "Well, we're going through some fall-like weather now!"

Mid-80s? Fall-like weather? My mule.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I certainly hope all you people who are always constantly whining and crying about how cold weather ruins your fragile existence, and turns your delicate lives upside down are happy: the news has reported that Global Warming is finally starting to show it's face with these recent excessive heatwaves arriving earlier and earlier every year, and in the next thirty years or so, climate and conditions like these will be the new normal, and no longer considered "extreme".

Makes you wish you listened to Al Gore sooner, doesn't it?
Well, now there's more evidence of Global Warming: it's the cause of vampire bats spreading up into the U.S. now; usually, vampire bats are indeginous to Central America, but since the climate keeps getting warmer in the U.S., they're now being reported in Lousiana and parts of Texas, while our indeginous species of bats are now endangered.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh brother...

It was 86 today, and you know what the weatherman said on TV today? "Aren't you enjoying this BEAUTIFUL fall-like weather?"

Uh, no, because there IS not fall-like weather right now! We're like 20 degrees from fall-like weather.

At least the heat hasn't been too problematic for the past several days... it has been a bit of a roller coaster between the high 80s and low 90s, but the humidity's come back down, so that's kept it a bit more bearable.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------------
Oh, goody goody. I just love living in a climate where you have to turn on the tap and let the water run a couple of minutes...to get COLD water...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, goody goody. I just love living in a climate where you have to turn on the tap and let the water run a couple of minutes...to get COLD water...

Yeah, over here the tap water doesn't get exactly ice cold in the summer either.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, here it is.

It's not even June, it's not even summer, and already summer-like weather's arrived extra early this year: usually weather doesn't start to really heat up to summer-like conditions until Memorial Day, so yeah, it's here really early this year... again, not even June yet, not even summer yet, and the temps have jumped up into the 90s today.

HOWEVER, I have a feeling I'll be able to survive this year: our new place is much more modern than the apartments we've been living in for the past few years, so there's not a lot of gaps and open areas that allow the outside heat to seep in, and I've been able to keep my room relatively cool, at a constant 60-61 degrees at best, so yeah, if I can keep that up for the next four months or so, and NOT go outside if at all possible, then yeah, I should be able to survive this summer.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Tucson's already had 8 100-degrees-or-over days.

And as soon as the monsoon arrives, the house cooler won't work at all. At least you HAVE a/c.

This is absolutely the last summer I suffer this nonsense. Even if I'm broke come fall, I'm moving. Can't take anymore.
-----------------