Some observations I've noticed on Don't Throw that Trash that Ground

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Besides the day of Jim's last day of filming for SS, I could tell it was his last performance as Ernie because his voice sounded weak and run-dwn. When Ernie's friend said ''Where's a trash can? Let me think.'', he sounded like Clifford and when he said ''Hey Ernie I found one.'' he sounded like the green AM miner from te Alphabet Mine News Flash. During the second verse of the song, Ernie was holding both a bottle and ice cream wrapper but in the first verse, he s seen only holding te wraper. I can tell the AM who said ''What are we suppose to do in te meantime?'' is Pam Arcerio because she sounded like Leona from Between the Lions.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Besides the day of Jim's last day of filming for SS, I could tell it was his last performance as Ernie because his voice sounded weak and run-dwn.

During the second verse of the song, Ernie was holding both a bottle and ice cream wrapper but in the first verse, he s seen only holding te wraper.
A. The bit was recorded in November of 1988; he died 6 months later. I don't he think he had his illness just then.
B. Listen to the second verse: "Later we got thirsty, so we bought some drinks. Now we're holding the bottles..."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A. The bit was recorded in November of 1988; he died 6 months later. I don't he think he had his illness just then.
Actually I read it was September 1989. Sample pages for the 40th anniversary book were shown on Tough Pigs before the book came out, and info on Jim's last day appeared in one of the sample pages (which was not in the final version of the book).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
1989, my bad. I wasn't thinking clearly on that.