The Banter Thread

Hubert

Reaction score
Apparently the same people who knew that ghosts apparently can't cross running water either.
For some reason that just sparked the thought of something that happened to me recently. I found out that you humans can't cross running joggers either. Really. It was amazing. I was visiting Washington D.C. and was crossing a clear street there, and then as I'm crossing some runner just comes out of no where to run right through and just about ran over me. Really...maybe instead of running at 50 mph you should try and watch where you're going. I also loved how him practically running into me didn't even make him slow down or loose attention or anything...it was like I didn't even exist. I bet he wouldn't have even stopped if there was a train headed for him...

But back to the subject at hand...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The truth is: when I accidentally put "he" instead of "she" when referring to you (except for in my fake article), it's really because even though I know you're female, for some reason I have myself convinced you're male. I think it's because of your avatars, that always seem to have a male character in them. I associate avatars with the actual user, so I think I probably transfer that into your gender, along with the fact that Floyd is kinda a male name...

I still can't over the fact that D'Snowth had been mistaken for female in the past...
I was one of those people who thought D'Snowth was female :embarrassed:

But for the longest time, everyone thought I was male, and I'm sure there's still people who think I'm male. I guess it does have something to do with the username and that I've never used a female in my avatar (I don't think), but I don't think I really act female either. I've been on many sites where people assumed I was male because of how I acted. I dunno. I don't act like a steryotypical girl?

So are you one of those people who basically imagine the user as their avatar? I tend to have to put faces to things, which is why things without some form of avatar really irritate me, or when someone uses something abstract :embarrassed:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I found out that you humans can't cross running joggers either. Really. It was amazing.
Why did you just say "you humans?"

Is there something about you we don't know? *glares*

Hubert

Reaction score
So are you one of those people who basically imagine the user as their avatar? I tend to have to put faces to things, which is why things without some form of avatar really irritate me, or when someone uses something abstract :embarrassed:
Yeah. I am that to the extreme. Anything somehow works, a cartoon character or whatever. I somehow think that that is actually the user, but I know that if I met them they wouldn't be like that...it's just in a weird kind of way that I can't explain. So right now I kinda imagine you as Danny Phantom, but not...like I do yet at the same time if I met you I wouldn't expect to see Danny Phantom. It's odd logic.

Hubert

Reaction score
Why did you just say "you humans?"

Is there something about you we don't know? *glares*
For the past 4 minutes I have been hysterically laughing over that. I can't believe I accidentally typed "you." I think what happened was that I was originally going to say "I found out that you can't cross running joggers," but then I decided to change that to humans, yet didn't that you out.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah. I am that to the extreme. Anything somehow works, a cartoon character or whatever. I somehow think that that is actually the user, but I know that if I met them they wouldn't be like that...it's just in a weird kind of way that I can't explain. So right now I kinda imagine you as Danny Phantom, but not...like I do yet at the same time if I met you I wouldn't expect to see Danny Phantom. It's odd logic.
I totally get what you're saying. I'm like that too. So when people use something thats like, an object or place or something, my brain can't compute it. Its doesn't make logical sense XD

For the past 4 minutes I have been hysterically laughing over that. I can't believe I accidentally typed "you." I think what happened was that I was originally going to say "I found out that you can't cross running joggers," but then I decided to change that to humans, yet didn't that you out.
So I'm still the only not totally human thing here? Good to know.

Apparently the same people who knew that ghosts apparently can't cross running water either.
Really? I don't live near any bodies of flowing water or else I'd test that out :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, if you wanna fly down here, the Tennessee River runs right through downtown.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Demons don't come equipped with GPSs and are notorious for not being able to read maps :stick_out_tongue:

Hubert

Reaction score
I totally get what you're saying. I'm like that too. So when people use something thats like, an object or place or something, my brain can't compute it. Its doesn't make logical sense XD
The creepy part is that my brain can compute the object or plce or something that someone uses as an avatar. It's weird. Somehow in some way, it still works for me. Like I still somehow picture them like that but not...it's just totally unexplainable to me.

So, do you think I'm a monster named Behemoth?

So I'm still the only not totally human thing here? Good to know.
Well...I never did say that I actually am human...