The Chipmunks

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh Ralph Bakshi, never at a lost for cranking out twisted cartoons, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since no one pointed out the inaccuracy of the new DVD cover art, then I will...

Alvin is Batmunk.

It was Simon who was Batmank, it may not seem like that big a deal, but knowing how truly insane some Chipmunk fans are, they probably would have a caniption over the error.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh my cow! I can't believe Nostalgia Critic AND Nostalgia Chick actually reviewed The Chipmunk Adventure!

Funnily enough, Doug actually does seem to elude to something that I've actually often wondered myself about Klaus and Claudia... won't go into details, but yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was wondering about that.

Yorick

Reaction score
I will be calling the CGI/live action Chipmunks films "the CGI films" for short.
Again, really my main problem with the movies is the "need" to change the characters' personalities so they'll appeal to today's audiences, which kind of ruins what made the characters so special to begin with,
Right on! I adore the original series and the 80's/early 90's series, so the CGI films, though good in some ways, still had much I didn't like. I wasn't surprised they "updated" everything to appeal to current trends, and I'm sure you weren't surprised either, but that doesn't mean we're going to think that that was the best they could do in regards to making a great film. I have seen recent films that feel timeless, and I wish they had done that with the CGI Chipmunk films. I know that's tough to do since through the years the Chipmunks have often covered the songs that are popular at the time...but unlike their other eras, I didn't think most of these were quality songs, nor did I like how they "updated" the style of the classic songs they did.

(I put "updated" in quotes because I think the whole idea that you must follow trends to stay up to date is a complete lie - just be yourself. But in business they always follow trends to make tons of money, and money rules the world. :frown:)

Yorick

Reaction score
I like the song they sing in that link at 7:49 Drtooth! I know it has a little "Twist and Shout" (hence the parody title "Twitch and Writhe") and a little "Do You Love Me" but there's something else in there, too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, since I just found this stuff out, I have to ask...

What exactly becomes of Ian in the squeakquel, and why was he in Chipwrecked and what did he do to contribute to the plot?

Yeah I know, I'm lazy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What exactly becomes of Ian in the squeakquel, and why was he in Chipwrecked and what did he do to contribute to the plot?
Actually, what becomes of him in the second film is pretty much one of the few things that was really funny. After losing the Chipettes, he goes onstage dressed as a little girl with two really BAD Chippete sock puppets and sings "All the Single Ladies" terribly with no understanding of the lyrics or the tune. it's hard to make that sound funny, but it was.

Didn't see the third, so I wouldn't know.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know how both Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo (and I THINK Dennis Hopper) have said that Super Mario Bros. was the worst thing they ever did in their career, with Leguizamo even writing in his memoir that he and Hoskins got drunk every single night just to get through the production?

Well, apparently that's how David Cross feels about Chipwrecked, he says it was the worst thing he's ever done in his career... again, though I haven't seen it, he was in the trailers and just his being there seemed out of place. I could go into a long-winded rant about how the movies are gimmicks more than anything, but I believe it could partly because Ross and Janice seem really difficult to work with, even Justin Long has commented how scary obsessive they seem over the franchise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, apparently that's how David Cross feels about Chipwrecked, he says it was the worst thing he's ever done in his career... again, though I haven't seen it, he was in the trailers and just his being there seemed out of place. I could go into a long-winded rant about how the movies are gimmicks more than anything, but I believe it could partly because Ross and Janice seem really difficult to work with, even Justin Long has commented how scary obsessive they seem over the franchise.
As off the mark as the second film was in terms of product placement and terrible casting decisions, at least it wasn't a movie that relied on a gimmick. Chipwrecked was, and I'm more and more glad I skipped it. I don't know who decided to make it a hard G rating, but that clearly means they're only making these for preschoolers at this point.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Yeah they are.
Chipwrecked did seem to have a gimmick! (Carnival Criuse lines I've heard)
Chipwrecked was far worse than "Inspector Gadget 2" and because of that If I want to watch Chipwrecked again, I'm pulling out my copy of "Inspector Gadget 2" and watching that instead!
At least IG2 wasn't as worse as Chipwrecked in my opinion.