A Muppety Day in NYC

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I'm going to New York in a couple of weeks and I wanted to know what there is to do there Muppet-wise.
I'll defiantly stop by FAO Schwartz. And I'll stop by Pete's Luncheonette. (Any one know where that is?)
Any ideas on what to do there?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'll say the same thing I say whenever someone here asks that - THE PALEY CENTER FOR MEDIA. If I could, I would live there to watch all the rare Muppet material they have.

Hubert

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I'm going to New York in a couple of weeks and I wanted to know what there is to do there Muppet-wise.
I'll defiantly stop by FAO Schwartz. And I'll stop by Pete's Luncheonette. (Any one know where that is?)
Any ideas on what to do there?
The address to the building used for the Pete's Luncheonette exterior is
208 Varick Street. It is now a McDonald's Express.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
You could always visit the old Henson Associates building. I went up there a few weeks ago, just to see how it's looking. They're completely renovating it - I think someone else bought it. It was sad to see it out of the Henson family, but really cool to see where a lot of the magic happened.

Also, look for his bench in Central Park.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
You could always visit the old Henson Associates building. I went up there a few weeks ago, just to see how it's looking. They're completely renovating it - I think someone else bought it. It was sad to see it out of the Henson family, but really cool to see where a lot of the magic happened.

Also, look for his bench in Central Park.
Did you go inside the building? Where is it?

bluebomber95

Reaction score
Museum of the Moving Image in Queens if you get the chance to go to that neck of the woods. That place is awesome.

Pretty much all of the museums in NY are cool though.

Lola p

Reaction score
You could go to the amuesment park at Coney Island. And make sure to get a hot dog from a hot dog stand!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Museum of the Moving Image in Queens if you get the chance to go to that neck of the woods. That place is awesome.

Pretty much all of the museums in NY are cool though.
Are the Muppet stuff still there? I though Jim Henson's Fantastic World closed in March....?

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Are the Muppet stuff still there? I though Jim Henson's Fantastic World closed in March....?

The Muppet stuff moved out in March, I believe. It was originally set to move out in January but was extended for two months.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Might there be a larger than usual Muppets merchandise display at the Times Square Disney Store? I thought I remembered someone having said that a while back, but it coulda been around the time that the movie was still in theatres, or just released on bluray/DVD. :confused:

In any case, I really hope you have a great time! :zany: