Muppets you wish would come back!

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Count me in on the call for new Pigs in Space - not only do I think Steve, Eric and Matt can pull off Link, Piggy and Strangepork (individually and together) but I think it would fit into the geek-chic/sci-fi culture of today. And you just know there are a subset of lapsed Muppet fans that would absolutely freak out at some new, quality Pigs in Space material. (Maybe in the new movie...???)

Also, I must admit that I liked Johnny and Sal, and Johnny's mother for that matter. I keep thinking of how much I enjoyed them in Muppets Tonight, particularly the Tony Bennett and Martin Short episodes. (Sal: "Look! When Johnny Fiama says, 'When Mama says "You eat," you eat, hear?', YOU EAT! HEAR?!?")

I don't think they fed into stereotypes - I'd much sooner have them than the frogs in striped shirts and berets that always seemed to be representing French people on TMS (especially the Spike Milligan episode).

I wasn't convinced by the idea that Wayne and Wanda would appear in The Muppets but their very surprising cameo was one the biggest laughs in the back end of the movie. Who knows, they could work as a spoof of the Susan Boyle anybody's-a-celebrity mindset the world espouses these days.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I remember hearing that Clifford was suppose to appear in the new Muppets movie, but needless to say as we know, he wasn't. I guess that was false info

Powerstars

Reaction score
Johnny, Sal, Clifford, and Van Neuter. Also, every other character from MT.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Johnny, Sal, Clifford, and Van Neuter. Also, every other character from MT.
The Seinfeld Babies too? The historical Elvises? :crazy:

Actually, with all the Avengers hype I kept flashing back to MT's "Thor, God of Thunder" recurring sequence. The library episode in particular cracks me up every time, and Jerry Nelson's over-the-top announcer voice fit perfectly into the mix. I'm not saying I want to see it revived to tie into the Avenger-mania but hey, Disney owns Marvel too, so you never know...

Powerstars

Reaction score
The Seinfeld Babies too? The historical Elvises? :crazy:

Actually, with all the Avengers hype I kept flashing back to MT's "Thor, God of Thunder" recurring sequence. The library episode in particular cracks me up every time, and Jerry Nelson's over-the-top announcer voice fit perfectly into the mix. I'm not saying I want to see it revived to tie into the Avenger-mania but hey, Disney owns Marvel too, so you never know...
I loved the Elvises for the record.

Luke

Reaction score
Clueless Morgan, Johnny and Sal, Phil Van Neuter, MFS and MTI Rats, Pigs in Spaccccce

Powerstars

Reaction score
Clueless Morgan, Johnny and Sal, Phil Van Neuter, MFS and MTI Rats, Pigs in Spaccccce
Yes. Unfortunately, there's a lonely Clueless out in the world, either that, or he was stolen for ransom and yet no one cares.

mo

Reaction score
I think the should bring back Foo Foo. She was a great character being Piggy's pet and all. It actually enhanced Piggy's teenage girl innocence too.
they should bring back foo foo! purse dogs just suit piggy so well! and she does remind me of a teenage girl! but not as much as LSP.