Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

D'Snowth

Reaction score
[quote="newsmanfan, post: 901837, member: 39742
]
Now you have my brain seguing into "Where There's a Whip" from the animated "The Hobbit".... yeek.
--------------[/quote]Thanks a lot Newsie, I just had that song out of my head, now it's stuck in my head again. :batty:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When I was a little kid of three, four, and five, I didn't know the name of The Beatles' song "Love Me Do", let alone all of the lyrics (because until I had my tonsils out, I couldn't hear properly)... I could only identify it by the harmonica tune throughout, which, whenever I heard it, made me think of a farm scene (I don't know, there was something about the harmonica that made me think of a farm), so whenever I would TRY to talk about the song, I'd call it "The Barn Song"... and nobody knew what the Elmo I was talking about.
What's funny is the first time I ever heard "Love Me Do" and its harmonica all I could think of was Sesame Street, lol.

catherine

Reaction score
when I was about 6 or 5 years old, I use to have a go-kart and I pretended, that I was driving a real car. I also use to remember, that when I was a kid, I use to have an imaginary friend. I won't say who, but we did everything together.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I had 2 imaginary friends... I remember their names and that somehow I let my dad name them but I don't remember how he got away with that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh gee... I just remembered something REALLY stupid I used to do when I was like two and three...

Okay, so you all know how impressionable kids are, right? How they mock things they see done, even from television (like how apparently kids were immitating Don Music banging his head on his piano)? Well, as a really little kid, I seem to recall an old Disney cartoon, it may be that one where Donald Duck was a bellhop having to put up with Pete and his bratty kid staying at the hotel, but anyway, I just recall in the cartoon, there was an elevator scene where the elevator moved so fast, the force of the elevator going up caused the characters' pants to drop down...

So you can just imagine what I would do whenever I got into an elevator and it began moving... :embarrassed:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Snowth, they do say exhibitionism begins young...

I don't recall having imaginary friends...but I had a collection of small ceramic animals that I adored, and all had names and personalities, and I would play with them in a large dollhouse. I HATED dolls and teddy bears and Barbies, and would ignore and throw into the closet any of them given to me by well-meaning relations.

I am told I often would arrange all my little animals in a long parade, single-file, largest to smallest, winding around things in my room...and heard rather recently that this is a common autistic behaviour...eep. :embarrassed:
--------------