A Muppety Day in NYC

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Anyone who visits NYC, just stear clear of the random people dressed up as Elmo. They are generally not affiliated with Sesame Workshop and could occasionally be dangerous. NYC is still a city and you have to have street smarts:

http://www.insideedition.com/news/8472/man-in-elmo-costume-shouts-profane-rant-in-central-park.aspx
Thanks for pointing this out. I see those all over. Cookie Monsters, Elmos, and even Micky+Minnie costumes, which look... just horrible. First of all, there are about ten Elmo's standing in the same spot, and they talk and they don't sound anything like the characters.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
haha all those are awful in NYC. The abundance of Elmo's there is crazy though! Even if the real Elmo was there it would be a nightmare to me but that's a different story. Lol!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I assume you are back? How was New york? I'm still in Texas...very hot
It was great! I didn't have time to do all these stuff though. It's on my list for next time.
The Disney store barely has any Muppet stuff in their store. It's sad really, FAO has more Muppet stuff. But I did get a nice Kermit shirt. They had a lot of plush and figures there. They were nice but WAAAAY to expensive for how much they were offering to give. For 12.00 they would give you five Muppet figures. I can buy Palisades figures for that price. I don't get why I'd spend the money on these.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah I think Disney wise right now it's all BRAVE stuff right?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think it's a mix of Disney and Times Square. Stuff are more expensive at Times Square but Disney also charges a fortune.
Gotcha, double wammy, lol. Though last time I was at the Disney Store I was really amazed with how much Muppet stuff they had and disappointed with FAO's collection, so perhaps it just depends on when you get there.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
They better be pulling out a WHOLE lot more when the new movie comes out! But normally they put more merchandise out for sequels.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I found the fao Fozzie Bear puppet at a Toys R US here in Texas but the prices went up it seems from what they were when they first came out....did you get to make a what not at FAO? If not I bet it was at least cool to see the what not workshop.