Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock on The Hub beginning October 10, 2010

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it's any consolation, they're going to start airing ALF reruns.

Sigh... if ONLY they were airing both animated versions of ALF. I'd really be excited about that.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I would like to see some animated episodes, because I've seen only one of each series, and have seen all of the live action epsiodes.

bandit

Reaction score
Ahhh I do so love ALF. At least, I loved the first few seasons of it. I remember something about an episode with a Mexican boy later on in the show. Whenever they start adding random people into these things, then you know it's the kiss of death.
I think I may have caught a couple of the animated series. It wasn't a favorite of mine but I do vaguely remember it took place in the Melmac days?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Ahhh I do so love ALF. At least, I loved the first few seasons of it. I remember something about an episode with a Mexican boy later on in the show. Whenever they start adding random people into these things, then you know it's the kiss of death.
I think I may have caught a couple of the animated series. It wasn't a favorite of mine but I do vaguely remember it took place in the Melmac days?
The kiss of death? Ohhhh, I want to see it, but I forgot it was invisible. You made my night, bandit. Thanks!

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Been a long time since I've seen ALF and I think I recall hating how ended on the final episode, but that was along time ago, so my memory is fuzzy. Never saw the animated series.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I've only seen one episode, but yes. But do you know what's worse? Having a character disappear without explanation, like Jake wasn't in the 4th season. He's the Ochmeniok's nephew, and his kleptomaniac mother wants him to come home with her, but he doesn't until she gets better. It's a good episode, but Jake doesn't go back to New York with her. So where is he in Season 4?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Been a long time since I've seen ALF and I think I recall hating how ended on the final episode, but that was along time ago, so my memory is fuzzy. Never saw the animated series.
I'm not suprised you do, because poor Alf gets caught! I dislike it as well as the final Dinosaurs episode.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
I'm not suprised you do, because poor Alf gets caught! I dislike it as well as the final Dinosaurs episode.
Oh yes, that's right, he gets caught. No wonder I don't remember it much, I built a memory block because of that bad ending and don't like Alf anymore. I can't stand watching bad endings to shows, ruins the whole thing.

Yeah, Dinosaurs was a good one to watch too, but yeah, their ending isn't rosy either.

At least Fraggle Rock ended on a positive note, Thank God for that!

bandit

Reaction score
I maintain that the final few episodes of Fraggle Rock felt a little off to me. They obviously had their high points, and the idea is good but I felt like once Doc actually meets the Fraggles, some of the magic was gone.
I've said this before but one thing Jim Henson said in his creation of this show is that if it ever became too obvious that this show was meant to teach children about diversity, then it would miss the mark. Well, the final episodes really clonk one over the head with it. We are all connected. It's a nice enough thought and certainly I can't say it isn't sweet...but it just didn't have the right Fraggle feel to me. *shrugs* That's just me, though. Almost every other fan would probably disagree with this assessment.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I maintain that the final few episodes of Fraggle Rock felt a little off to me. They obviously had their high points, and the idea is good but I felt like once Doc actually meets the Fraggles, some of the magic was gone.
I've said this before but one thing Jim Henson said in his creation of this show is that if it ever became too obvious that this show was meant to teach children about diversity, then it would miss the mark. Well, the final episodes really clonk one over the head with it. We are all connected. It's a nice enough thought and certainly I can't say it isn't sweet...but it just didn't have the right Fraggle feel to me. *shrugs* That's just me, though. Almost every other fan would probably disagree with this assessment.
No I get what you're saying. I think that's pretty typical of most TV shows that have "the big ending." There's this sense of having to be all epic and huge because "it's the last one; have to go out big!"

Plus the whole show has been building up to "Will Doc ever meet the Fraggles?" And once that happens, everything after that is going to be a little anti-climactic, almost by design.