Why can't penguins talk anymore?

Beauregard

Reaction score
And don't let us get started on the differences between TMS and Sesame Street Chickens and Penguins.

Hubert

Reaction score
I don't consider the chicken on "Wishing Song" to be Camilla since the album was recorded during season 2 of TMS before Gonzo met Camilla.
The album was not...the one I'm talking about was from 2001...the original song was recorded in Season 2, but then dubbed over later with Camilla...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just recently I was thinking it was odd that the Stars and Stripes Forever viral video featured Bobo in a mix of hard-to-understand characters, then realized that the penguins can be understood. But then I saw this thread.

Of course in The Muppets during the finally they clearly (in quack-y) voices sing a verse of "Life's a Happy Song").

The album was not...the one I'm talking about was from 2001...the original song was recorded in Season 2, but then dubbed over later with Camilla...
When was the song dubbed over with Camilla? Are you referring to it's inclusion on the 25th anniversary album, because I'm pretty sure that's how it was presented on The Muppet Show 2 album (I haven't heard the second album myself, but I don't think any of the songs were altered on that release)? In that recording Gonzo only refers to the chicken as "chicken". If it's because a chicken wasn't in the Muppet Show episode, well many of the songs were rerecorded for the albums, and with the exceptions of Peter Sellers and Bernadette Peters no guest stars were included on the albums (The Wishing Song, We Got Us, and Magic Garden were all rerecorded with different singers than the guest stars).

Hubert

Reaction score
When was the song dubbed over with Camilla? Are you referring to it's inclusion on the 25th anniversary album, because I'm pretty sure that's how it was presented on The Muppet Show 2 album (I haven't heard the second album myself, but I don't think any of the songs were altered on that release)? In that recording Gonzo only refers to the chicken as "chicken". If it's because a chicken wasn't in the Muppet Show episode, well many of the songs were rerecorded for the albums, and with the exceptions of Peter Sellers and Bernadette Peters no guest stars were included on the albums (The Wishing Song, We Got Us, and Magic Garden were all rerecorded with different singers than the guest stars).
Right, I am referring to the "Wishing Song," that Madeline Kahn was dubbed over. I am referring to the 25th anniversary album, but it does appear that it was the same way on the 1978 25th anniversary album. I always assumed that that was Camilla, as for the song to work properly in that specific circumstance you almost have to have a love interest type thing involved.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Right, I am referring to the "Wishing Song," that Madeline Kahn was dubbed over.
I thought the one with Madleine Kahn came first, and then the second album came out and they had to replace Kahn.

Hubert said:
I always assumed that that was Camilla, as for the song to work properly in that specific circumstance you almost have to have a love interest type thing involved.
I've heard Rowlf sing that song, and Rowlf's version didn't have anything in the middle to lead to him cheering up.

Hubert

Reaction score
I thought the one with Madleine Kahn came first, and then the second album came out and they had to replace Kahn.
I never actually heard the original recording, but Muppet Wiki says that the original was also like that.

I've heard Rowlf sing that song, and Rowlf's version didn't have anything in the middle to lead to him cheering up.
I know that he has done that, but for some reason if I remember there was maybe a side comment or two that Gonzo said that hinted around to that on that recording...

Vincent L

Reaction score
It won't be long before we quote the entire movie.