Recycled Kermit

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Probably my favorite Kermit & Piggy moment (And I need to get myself a copy of the full thing to this in a future Tape Trade) is some award show in 1979 where Kermit is about to read the rules thanking the academy of arts and scientists. Kermit is explaining that they are there to only read the rules and she's like "Your putting me on" "No, and that's it" "Are you out of your mind?" Then Kermit is done reading the rules and walks off, Piggy just stands there "Come on, let's go Miss Piggy." "No" "But we're finished" "I'm not" "They've got a whole show to do here and..." "I don't care" "Miss Piggy?" "I'm not leaving until they give me a close up, alright a close up of the eye and the eyelashes, cut the frog, that's it." Kermit gets fusterated trying to push her off the stage "Would you get your big flippers off my hips!" "JUST MOVE THE PORK!" "Move this, HIIIYAAAH" Hits Kermit and finally walks off. lol

Not bad from memory. lol I've seen it from The World of Jim Henson. They might have said what award show it was from. I've got the award apperances I think Emmy or Academy I don't remember of Scooter and Kermit from 1986 where Scooter can't open the envelope so Kermit goes down and Jim himself gets up and opens it. He talks like Kermit a little bit then says "Sorry, I got a frog in my throat" Scooter laughs "I get it, I get it" Then Jim replies "I've always wanted to use that joke." lol

What great memories lol :smile:

But that one with Kermit and Piggy, lol That's got to be my favorite moment with them. Totally miss Jim and Frank performing together. What a great team they were. Kermit & Piggy, Ernie and Bert, Rowlf and Fozzie, etc.

Vincent L

Reaction score
It's weird we treat Kermit as a real "frog" even though we can clearly see the puppeteer.
p.s. this thread is going way off course.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Even though Jim Henson is next to Kermit you totally forget he's manipulating his every move. I love actually seeing Jim perform Kermit. To me Kermit is a "real" frog.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
This one is hysterical!

AMAZING VIDEO, Thank you for sharing. lol I was laughing like crazy. I've never seen that Joan Rivers apperance before, that was truely a great treat for me to see. Thanks again.

I just love The Muppets on late night being rebellious and saying things they never normally talk about. I think Kevin Clash mentioned this in that Tough Pigs interview video. It's really cool.

lol "THIS IS THE COMPLETE KERMIT!" lol Amazing. Warts is a racial slur. lol I LOVE IT! HA HA HA! I'm so showing this to my best friend this weekend. lol He's slowly becoming a Muppet fan.

Kermit has also mentioned about the risky you know on a few other spots like on The Today Show 2 years earlier, Kermit asks the movie critic how's he sex life and this moment of silence and the camera laugh off screen is laughing like crazy then Kermit says "You can't ask a question like that on television?"

Then 10 years earlier then that, he was on Johnny Carson with a simular joke "Listen I work on Sesame Street, you can't ask a frog how's his love life? You ask Captian Kangeroo how's his sex life?" lol

And let's not forget some of Miss Piggy's quotations on Jay Leno. lol I remember seeing one as a kid and quoting it at school and getting in a bit of trouble with the teacher over it. lol Good Times. lol

One of my favorites is Kermit and Rowlf on Arnanio Hall from 1989. lol

I miss Jim :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Just remembered a late night apperance of Kermit on Leno where he was talking about frog mating session and effects on male frogs in the cold and Kermit gets nervious and says "I prefer not to talk about that." lol

Anyway like Vincent said, I guess things are going a bit off subject. Sorry about that. lol

But since I just love talking about Muppets on Late Night, I decided to create a new Threat to continue our conversation about it. :smile:
Who knows, perhaps I'll see some more rare footage that I haven't seen before. lol

Here's the link
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/muppets-on-late-night-blooper-reels-and-wrap-tapes.51919/

But yeah, just to rap up my comments on the recycled Kermit he looks kind of like a robot. Ironic enough, it reminds me of this Sesame parody, what was it called, the one dollar man where the scientist built this 1 dollar robot and jump started it and it destroys the lab and just enjoying every moment of it. lol "What do you expect for a dollar?" lol

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
This one is hysterical!

LOL! I know this video was titled, "Kermit's sex life" I like cracked up and laughed. Actually, back in the 1980s, he was in Seaame Street and he meant it. Other than that, thank you for posting pinkflower.

catherine

Reaction score
that's amazing, it's like the rainbow connection.