Muppets on Late Night, Blooper Reels and Wrap Tapes

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Me and some fellow forum members were chatting about some late night Muppet apperances
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/recycled-kermit.51893/page-2#post-905039
But since it was going a little off subject, I decided to create it's own discussion thread.

Anyway I just love The Muppets on late night because they get to say things they never say on their shows and day time TV. Esspecially some of Jim's late night apperances with Kermit to Frank Oz's apperances from Sesame Street and even continuing today with Kevin as Elmo On Coan O' Brian and Eric Jacobson performing Grover on Jimmy Kimbel. lol They are so rebellious on late night and it's just a lot of fun watching the characters because I think it makes them more human. lol

Even if you look at Muppet blooper reels and stuff, especially some of the rare early ones from Jim's time, I like watching Frank crack jokes. Like in the Emmit Otter Jugband Chrismas blooper reel and The Muppets Go To Disney World Blooper Reel.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
This is a good one from when Kermit & Pepe were just recently in London last month promoting the Blu-ray/DVD release of The Muppets. Watch Steve's blooper at the end!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Lol I like that one. Rarely are blooper reels released mainstream except for DVDs. lol Special Ho I mean hello. Also Steve appoligizing to Pepe is hilarious. lol One of the great things that made the work behind the scenes great. When ever they make a mistake, they laugh at it and continue. Unlike come celebrities in Hollywood that have a fit, swear, I'LL BE IN MY TRAILER, YOU WERE DISTRACTING ME. Blame on someone, blah blah blah. While The Muppets have fun if they make a mistake. I heard some hilarious stories behind the scenes. Even Sesame they have fun on the set when the camera isn't rolling.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Lol I like that one. Rarely are blooper reels released mainstream except for DVDs. lol Special Ho I mean hello. Also Steve appoligizing to Pepe is hilarious. lol One of the great things that made the work behind the scenes great. When ever they make a mistake, they laugh at it and continue. Unlike come celebrities in Hollywood that have a fit, swear, I'LL BE IN MY TRAILER, YOU WERE DISTRACTING ME. Blame on someone, blah blah blah. While The Muppets have fun if they make a mistake. I heard some hilarious stories behind the scenes. Even Sesame they have fun on the set when the camera isn't rolling.

Frank's line "What the H**l was that wasn't on the DVD, I just noticed that. lol So adding it to my ipod. lol Franks hilarious. lol

I got to get used to all these new tricks on the forum putting up pictures and videos, have I been off the forum that long? lol

Anyway, I love Frank and Jerry in this. If you listen closely, you can hear Jim talking in the background. "Spare Change, who are we ma?" "I couldn't care less, shut up Emmit!" lol Frank is really hilarious unscripted. One of many reasons why I miss him performing his Muppet characters. Eric Jacobson is good. But it's just not the same if you know what I mean.

mupcollector1

Reaction score

Here's one of my favorites. Kevin Clash having fun on the set of Dinosaurs and you can even hear Kirk Thatcher getting fusterated and laughing at the same time. I think there's a point where he says "KEVIN, SHUT UP!" and Baby Sinclair would answer. lol This is a must see. lol

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
This isn't really a late night appearance but it's still funny.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
lol Kermit's method acting. lol love Kermit's comment's comment on Muppets From Space "Well we didn't want that to be the last movie we ever do, we want to do a better one" NICE! lol

Have you seen the Fox News controversy response? Fox News had a bit of Riff-Raff with The new movie saying it was anti-republican and brainwashing children to look at the oil business as pure evil. Totally rediculous and Kermit's answer in a London interview. It's hilarious.

Speaking of Fox, they did a news story in 1990 about Jim's passing and I kind of think they were a little bit disrespectful hanging around the Jim Henson Production head quarters.

I did a news story spot on my local Fox channel to promote my animation work. The interviewer didn't find my puppet / animation work funny, he thought it was surreal and didn't get it. He was in a bad mood. And their editing was terrable. I didn't like the experience and the outcome but it did get some small publicity for my work, not much but still.

I'm watching this one now. :smile:

I like Kermit's quote talking about Frogs and Pig's getting married and he slip the joke in..."I'm not sure if it's legal in certain states but I won't go there":oops: lol Amazing :smile:
I was so surprised that Kermit was on Ellen. I remember Ellen had a bit of negitivity against people making cartoon charactures of her. :skeptical: lol

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I can tell you any recent interview with Kermit or Kermit & Piggy I've seen. Trust me I kept up with every single one and I mean literally every single one before the movie came out, and after the movie came out. I saw all the ones you posted. :smile:

The Muppets are not cartoon characters though.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
The Muppets are not cartoon characters though.
Oh I know but I always felt that puppetry and cartoons were kind of in the same artistic unviserse. Esspecially when Jim found a way to create a new form of puppetry with a cartoonish style made for TV. Plus also back in the old days political cartoons and puppet shows did a lot of satire and characture in the world of politics in places like europe especially. So I always felt they were kind of in the same family but more like cousins in the art universe. :smile:

But I guess the point I was trying to make with Ellen is that she found the charactures of her in magazines super negitive, she was very upset by it and had a cartoonist on her show. She didn't interview him, she told him to sit near the audiences and draw her and her guests (strange enough in my opinion) and made some wise cracks about him "Who are you angry at?" then she put the charactures on her site. But personally I was a bit angry that she didn't interview him about just what cartoon charactures were all about and the history. But that's just my opinion and thoughts as an artist I guess. :smile:

But your right, The Muppets are different. They are more celebrity friendly. Unless of course when the celebrities they get on their shows, then they have the freedom fun of driving them nuts. lol

I can tell you any recent interview with Kermit or Kermit & Piggy I've seen. Trust me I kept up with every single one and I mean literally every single one before the movie came out, and after the movie came out. I saw all the ones you posted.
Your definatly a lot better about watching the new stuff than me. lol I mean I do go on Jim's Red Book every single day and check out the headlines on Tough Pigs a couple times a month. But I guess the stuff that I love watching more is the classic stuff. And stuff from the Muppets Tonight time, mid-late 90s. :smile: I'm stuck in the past. lol
But I did go to see The new Muppet Movie opening night and bought the 3 DVD, Blu-ray, Digital Copy and Sound Track pack, have it on my ipod, I listen to "Life's a Happy Song" almost daily. It has that "Together Again" kind of feel to it.

Plus I bought the movie poster, it's on my right side of my wall next to me as I type. lol