Muppets on Late Night, Blooper Reels and Wrap Tapes

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yes but Piggy didn't even appear till 1976 so you can't really count that as an affair.
That is true. Though before that she appeared on Herb Alpert back in 1974 with her agent (before Bernie of course lol, the reference of Jim's agent lol),

but she was performed by Jerry Nelson. Then recycled for the 2nd Muppet Show pilot Sex & Violence in 1975, then back to The Muppet Show as a choris girl in The Muppet Glee Club and that was love at first site. But again, not performed by Frank just yet, it was Richard Hunt and he did such a hilarious job. But I just can't imagion Richard's voice being part of her today. lol But yeah Piggy and Kermit worked first worked together not only on season one of TMS in 1976, but episode 1 :smile:

Yet I still wonder, her first spoken quote in that episode is when Kermit says "Piggy Honey? You can take the solo?" she replies, "Yes my love." So I wonder if there was some kind of off camera romance in The Muppet Workshop perhaps lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I used to own a copy, taped it off of late night tv. I think I transmited the tape to DVD then I got a better quality version from a tape trade later. I miss Muppets Tonight. I would watch it and tape it every Friday night, ABC and Disney Channel. I was so surprised later to discover the uncut versions with 5 to 10 minutes of extra gags like Purple Rain Man, I was laughing like crazy. lol

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Remember The Muppet Movie Screen Test where Kermit finds out that Miss Piggy kit Miss Mousey and cut her in half? lol I think it was sort of a reference to The Muppets Valentine Show where Kermit had this crush on Miss Mousey and I think Kermit danced with her a few times in a couple of At The Dance Spots.

Yep, Kermit did have a few affairs that Piggy doesn't know about. In 1971, he made out with Diane Carol on The Flip Wilson Show. One of my favorite appearances. lol

Couldn't find it on the internet, but when looking...

Ironicly I found this gem :smile: 07:17, you can see Jim's head :stick_out_tongue:

Man Miss Piggy must have beat him up for this one. lol
Also, there was an episode of TMS during the second season where Piggy was jealous because Kermit was singing a duet with Miss Mousey.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
That is true. Though before that she appeared on Herb Alpert back in 1974 with her agent (before Bernie of course lol, the reference of Jim's agent lol),

but she was performed by Jerry Nelson. Then recycled for the 2nd Muppet Show pilot Sex & Violence in 1975, then back to The Muppet Show as a choris girl in The Muppet Glee Club and that was love at first site. But again, not performed by Frank just yet, it was Richard Hunt and he did such a hilarious job. But I just can't imagion Richard's voice being part of her today. lol But yeah Piggy and Kermit worked first worked together not only on season one of TMS in 1976, but episode 1 :smile:

Yet I still wonder, her first spoken quote in that episode is when Kermit says "Piggy Honey? You can take the solo?" she replies, "Yes my love." So I wonder if there was some kind of off camera romance in The Muppet Workshop perhaps lol
In those days, it was more along the lines of Piggy thinking she was Kermit's girl, and Kermit constantly denying it. But we all know he had feelings for her even then.

According to Jerry Juhl, in the script for episode 1, Piggy was simply "Chorus Girl". I don't think they had quite developed the idea of the "frog and the pig" at that early stage.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah and the whole Karate Chop thing came about Frank being fusterated because he couldn't make a slap look believeable with a puppet so one take he just went, HIIIIIYAAA! And everyone was laughing like crazy and it was a keeper. lol

Also in season 1 there was something with Lidia the Tattooed Lady (The Marx Brothers song) "Piggy, have you meet Lidia?" "NO, have you meet my left fist?" POW!

You know I had this on my mind a few days ago and I wanted to bring this up somewhere on the forum. I guess this might be an appropirate place.

Miss Piggy hated Anne Sue Pig but didn't mind 10 years later Kermit's present to her, the pink "Muppet Family Christmas" saying that she warships the ground she walks on. Maybe because she wasn't a pig. lol Was that Mink a parody of Maryl Streep or Barbra Streisand? I remember she had an accent.

There's this clip from Johnny Carson with Kermit that's really funny. I just love how Johnny called Dr. Teeth, Dr. Tooth. lol I would just love to see the whole thing. I heard The Swedish Chef was there too. I love Johnny Carson, and The Muppets with him and Ed McMan's laugh just makes it more fun for me to watch. lol

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Just for the record when Kermit says there's nothing between him and Piggy were obviously not suppose to believe him. :stick_out_tongue:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
This one is recent well it's from last Nov so I guess not so recent but it's still pretty funny. The interviewer is a little stiff but it's still hilarious to see Kermit and Piggy get confused when asked if they'll ever have tadpoles. LOL!

Vincent L

Reaction score
Speaking of wrap tapes, I wonder when someone will re-upload Fraggles Look For Jobs?