Pink Animal's Everywhere!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Its the invasion of the Muppet bags, lunch-boxes, notebooks, pencils, stationary packs, etc, over here in the UK in all the Back-to-School type stores.

...so...why exactly is it almost all entirely PINK? And not even Pinkly represented by Miss Piggy, but pinkly represented by...Animal the rock star?

Here's one of the only things I thought I could conceivably carry around with me without seeing just a little too pink even for my taste...and even this "Want Food" slogon doesn't exactly match Animal's rock and roll image in my opinion.

Wondering if there will be a pink-10-yearold-school-girl-ish Ozzy Ozbourne bag next...

Beau:zany:{Animal Cadabby?}regard

MissMusical12

Reaction score

Hubert

Reaction score
Make Lightning McQueen pink.

See my point? They'd never do that. It goes to show how Disney is prioritizing certain brands of theirs much more than others...their other red characters would never be caught with a shade of pink, yet it's acceptable with Animal...

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Make Lightning McQueen pink.

See my point? They'd never do that. It goes to show how Disney is prioritizing certain brands of theirs much more than others...their other red characters would never be caught with a shade of pink, yet it's acceptable with Animal...
Well that stinks....

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i never understood why businesses like Disney even palisades did it with their first animal figure always make him pink i mean their is pink in his fur but mostly red also the orange nose i thought animals nose was red not orange

Drtooth

Reaction score
Too true, Beau.
I am tired of seeing Pink Animals all over the place. Seriously, they are everywhere.
Look at this Animal. It's pink! http://www.disneystore.com/disney-store-official-site-for-disney-merchandise-muppets-animal-plush-toy-28/mp/1294938/1000267/?D=Animal&Nr=pPublished:1&Ntk=All_Shopping&Nu=pProductID&Ntt=Animal&Dr=pPublis
It doesn't even look like him!
Like these do?

Pink Animal's blame lays in something called a "Style Guide."

Now, I've been saying how style guides are crap for a while. There's something to be said about uniformity and consistency in merchandise. But there's also something to be said about rigid constraints of using the same stock images as if they were law. Usually these look nothing like what they're supposed to represent (especially with cartoon merchandise, when cartoon character designs tend to evolve as long as a series is on, and the designs used in the style guide are usually the first things designed). And most of the time, that includes wrong colorings.

Now, we've had Pink Animal for as long as I can remember. Same reason we have light blue Cookie Monster, and different shades of Kermit. It just sort of looks better that way in merchandise.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
OBJECTION! Pink is very rock! Pink is like the official color of punk rock! Do not tell me that pink does not go with the rock image!

Animal himself should not be pink though. He is not pink...

MissMusical12

Reaction score
OBJECTION! Pink is very rock! Pink is like the official color of punk rock! Do not tell me that pink does not go with the rock image!

Animal himself should not be pink though. He is not pink...
True dat.