"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorick

Reaction score
Thanks and keep up the good work with the film. Thank you CopperPot for making this wonderful documentary.
I echo this sentiment 100%! This was such a touching segment of the film, and such beautiful music to go with it perfectly! I look forward to this so much.

CopperPot

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. Are there any more videos or clips of Caroll, Big Bird, and Oscar that you could upload, stuff like maybe appearances on shows and movies, and thing of Big Bird onducting orchestras and such like the Boston Pops? Thanks and keep up the good work with the film. Thank you CopperPot for making this wonderful documentary.
We have loads of that material and when we launch our Kickstarter campaign (which is looking like mid-July), we're actually going to be releasing additional clips. We do have lots of him conducting the orchestras, including some great old 8mm footage of Caroll rehearsing at the Hollywood Bowl with Kermit Love and the whole show he did in Australia. We also have some great material from gameshows, movies, etc... but something to keep in mind is that each show like that requires its own licensing fee, so it can get pretty costly to use all of that stuff.

With that said, we're going to be bringing you guys the best of what we have, so fear not!

Thanks for watching!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
but something to keep in mind is that each show like that requires its own licensing fee, so it can get pretty costly to use all of that stuff.
Durn licensing fees.

Understandable though, I'm happy enough with the footage I HAVE seen in the trailers and previews thus far. :smile:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Wow! This looks like it's going to be an amazing documentary. I can't wait!

zns

Reaction score
We have loads of that material and when we launch our Kickstarter campaign (which is looking like mid-July), we're actually going to be releasing additional clips. We do have lots of him conducting the orchestras, including some great old 8mm footage of Caroll rehearsing at the Hollywood Bowl with Kermit Love and the whole show he did in Australia. We also have some great material from gameshows, movies, etc... but something to keep in mind is that each show like that requires its own licensing fee, so it can get pretty costly to use all of that stuff.

With that said, we're going to be bringing you guys the best of what we have, so fear not!

Thanks for watching!
Thank you so much for this incredible documentary. With it being July now, I guess it's almost time for the Kick-Off campaign soon huh? Bless you CopperPot Pictures for this wonderful film. Caroll Spinney has always been one of my most favorite Muppeteer. I have grown up with Big Bird and this is everything I have hoped for in honor of Caroll.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I LOVE IT! Man, I cannot WAIT to see the full/completed project, I'm so looking forward to this!

I remember reading in Caroll's book that when his fifteenth anniversary of working with the Muppets was coming up, Richard suggested that a party be held in his honor; Caroll said that Jim threw the best parties, and never skimped on anything. He said as a gift, Caroll received a gold watch, of which he started his speech with, "I've got my gold watch, does this mean I'm being retired?" He also mentioned that working for the Muppets was the second greatest thing that had ever happened to him (wrapping his arm around Debbie, indicating what the first greatest thing was).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hi guys! Just wanted to let you all know, I am a Kickstarter Ambassador for the film. Please consider donating to this wonderful film. Actually, it's not a donation, you'll actually get something out of it, basically, if you donate $25 you get a copy of the film when it comes to to DVD. (So in essence, you're pre-ordering it.) There are some really neat prizes including, I AM BIG BIRD poster, Carol Spinney autograph, a video chat with Carrol and even a dinner with Carrol.

Basically, I have to recruit ten people to donate ANY amount of money from one dollar to ten thousand (but if you want to donate more, they won't hesitate...)

So please, consider helping Copper Pot, and before you do, let me know so I can add you to my list of people I recruited.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.