Fozzie Illustration

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Aw, I'll be patient. :halo:

Out of curiosity, approximately how long does the average character take? My guess is weeks! :eek:
Sorry Jamie my good man, I missed your post!!

Each character varies really. First I do a pencil sketch of the character, though they ALWAYS change in the final version, and then I draw them up in a rough digital version. If I'm happy with that, I'll start to texture it up and shade, if I'm not I'll re-jig it. That said, I've done 2 near-complete versions of Scooter and 3 of Piggy because as they went on I decided to change them.

To give an idea on the number of hours, Kermit took around 8 hours once I was happy with the pose, whereas Sweetums with Robin has taken 30+ hours and he's still far from done. In reality, if this was a commercial project, I'd have to pull my finger out and cut corners, the nice thing about doing this for myself if I can go back and change again and again and again until I'm perfectly happy with the characters, which is great!!! I've just re-done Animal and I'm considerably happier with the new version...though I'm saving the unveiling for the final version* :wink:

*Sometime around 4014...I think

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Here's a quick illustration I did last year whilst trying out a different illustration style. It was around the time of the Threadless challenge, when I was thinking of something to do. Not sure what you guys think...successful?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/7624313410/in/photostream
I saw the picture and I thought, "Good grief! They always heckle to Fozzie Bear, but why pick on Kermit? Sheesh!" This really captures the Muppet Show. Sure Kermit was doing his best to host and take care of the chaos but the hecklers do pick on Fozzie more than Kermit or his other friends. Oh brother! Great jon, though!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I saw the picture and I thought, "Good grief! They always heckle to Fozzie Bear, but why pick on Kermit? Sheesh!" This really captures the Muppet Show. Sure Kermit was doing his best to host and take care of the chaos but the hecklers do pick on Fozzie more than Kermit or his other friends. Oh brother! Great jon, though!
Good point! Although, the final piece was to have Fozzie covered in tomato's, knocking his hat off but him still comforting Kermit after getting caught in the crossfire with just the one tomato...it was done whilst thinking of something along the "friends" concept from the Threadless challenge.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
LOVE it! Dang, why aren't you working for Disney Comics right now??

--------------

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Ok folks, calm down, this is NOT a new update...well it is but...well kind of...here you go...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/8139326686/in/photostream

Thanks to a welcome easing in my workload, coupled with the incredible generosity of the AMAZING Jamie Carroll, I've manage to make a tiny little update to my illustration of Jim Henson. As you'll probably be able to see, there's not as much detail in this when compared to other characters but that is because Jim, along with the puppet versions of Frank Oz and the late, sadly-missed Jerry Nelson will appear right at the very back of the image, barely visible. I hope I've done him justice and hope to have another character up in the coming weeks, workload permitting.

As always, feedback is encouraged :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Great as usual. It's always a treat to see your art.

That puppet is at the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta, and I always get a smile out of seeing Jim "in the flesh".