Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

Vincent L

Reaction score
Where did you get the picture of the companies, Pinkflower?

Hubert

Reaction score
I know I said I was done, but I have to say one more thing:

There is a difference between respecting gay marriage and supporting it. Respecting it is when someone, whether they agree or disagree with the views, believes that it is a personal decision and agrees to still embrace the diversity. Supporting it...that's when someone goes full-out force to say they agree with it, and they will back it. It's a large difference.

And it bugs me when JHC and the Muppets are considered supporters. If Jim was around, I do believe that he would've shown respect for it. But whether or not he did support it or not, I believe that he would've only gone so far as to have the Muppets respect it. He was big into embracing those differences, and he taught that lesson through the Muppets. But he never had the Muppets push a specific belief forward. I don't believe that Jim would've allowed the Muppets to be on that list.

I will say something here, I have lost an air of respect for the Jim Henson Company, Disney, and the Muppets as the are today, not because they respected and embraced those differences through the Muppets, but because they pushed a specific belief forward, something that I do not believe Jim would've done.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Oops, my mistake. Than I wonder where he got it?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know I said I was done, but I have to say one more thing:

There is a difference between respecting gay marriage and supporting it. Respecting it is when someone, whether they agree or disagree with the views, believes that it is a personal decision and agrees to still embrace the diversity. Supporting it...that's when someone goes full-out force to say they agree with it, and they will back it. It's a large difference.

And it bugs me when JHC and the Muppets are considered supporters. If Jim was around, I do believe that he would've shown respect for it. But whether or not he did support it or not, I believe that he would've only gone so far as to have the Muppets respect it. He was big into embracing those differences, and he taught that lesson through the Muppets. But he never had the Muppets push a specific belief forward. I don't believe that Jim would've allowed the Muppets to be on that list.

I will say something here, I have lost an air of respect for the Jim Henson Company, Disney, and the Muppets as the are today, not because they respected and embraced those differences through the Muppets, but because they pushed a specific belief forward, something that I do not believe Jim would've done.
First of all I'm gonna agree to disagree in thinking Jim Henson wouldn't have pushed such a belief forward. Unless you could ask Jim Henson himself how do you know he wouldn't have pushed such a specific belief forward? Things were different when Jim Henson was alive. People just didn't ask those types of questions at the time.

I personally respect The Jim Henson Company, and Disney a lot more now then I ever did. But since were just speculating I firmly believe Jim Henson would be a supporter of people from all different walks of life today if he were asked the question concerning gay rights. And I think he most certainly would've pushed such a belief forward.

charlietheowl

Reaction score

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here. Do you want the Jim Henson Company and Disney (since they own the Muppets they speak for them essentially) to not take stands on issues? Because if that's what you are trying to say, I disagree with you.

Hubert

Reaction score
First of all I'm gonna agree to disagree with you on most of this. Unless you could ask Jim Henson himself how do you know he wouldn't have pushed such a specific belief forward? Things were different when Jim Henson was alive. Talking about supporting Gays/Lesbians/or whatever peoples sexual orientations were was considered somewhat of a taboo. It just wasn't something talked about at that time and people weren't as vocal about their beliefs as they are now. But I will respect your opinion on the matter.

I personally respect The Jim Henson Company, and Disney a lot more now then I ever did. But since were just speculating I firmly believe Jim Henson would be a supporter of people from all different walks of life today.
Jim would be a supporter of people with all kinds of diversities. I get that. My backing that he wouldn't have pushed this belief forward is because, like I stated, when you think about it, he never pushed belief's forward. He taught equality and diversity, but he never pushed a specific belief forward and said that it's good. He never pushed forward a certain religion, a certain outlook, or a certain belief. He believed that we should all respect each other's beliefs and outlooks, but he never actually pushed one forward through his work. I'm not saying he wouldn't have respected gay marriage...I believe he would have. But I'm saying that he wouldn't have pushed it out to the forefront, saying that we should be supporting gay marriage because it stands for marriage equality. He would've just stood out for all equality to begin with, without channeling it through a certain belief. I hope that makes sense...I'm not saying that he would've or wouldn't have supported such a thing, but I'm saying he wouldn't have pushed it out to the forefront through his work.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here. Do you want the Jim Henson Company and Disney (since they own the Muppets they speak for them essentially) to not take stands on issues? Because if that's what you are trying to say, I disagree with you.
I'm saying I don't want them to take a stand on this issue...I want them to take as stand on diversity as a whole. I want them to teach diversity and respect of people's beliefs instead of marriage equality specifically. I want them to teach respecting people's opinions on both sides of it, that everyone's opinions on both sides are important.