Dear Muppet Fanfiction Authors...

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
You didn't get carried away, you're still here.:smile:
Oh! Thank goodness! I love your username! BTW: If you want to read, "Remembering Jim Henson", Miss Piggy makes a cameo in chapter 11 and that will be surprising!, but if you want to read the whole thing, I don't mind at all.

Also, please comment!! Thank you!

Misskermie

Reaction score
Oh! Thank goodness! I love your username! BTW: If you want to read, "Remembering Jim Henson", Miss Piggy makes a cameo in chapter 11 and that will be surprising!, but if you want to read the whole thing, I don't mind at all.

Also, please comment!! Thank you!
Thanks. I'll look at it. Now run before we get yelled at for muffining the thread!

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Oi! You two! Getting a little off topic here! I don't see anything that resembles advice or suggestions that may benefit this thread!

Misskermie

Reaction score
See, I told you we'd get yelled at for muffining.

But AlittleMayhem, sometimes looking at pointless rambles helpss inspire the brain.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Oi! You two! Getting a little off topic here! I don't see anything that resembles advice or suggestions that may benefit this thread!
Well, I am now nagging for more. Please come up with something! (sighs)! If you don't, I will be filled with sorrow and shame from you.

Misskermie

Reaction score
*Pokes with shame and nag stick*

Now poke us with the sorry stick!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
*Pokes with shame and nag stick*

Now poke us with the sorry stick!
Arrrgghhh! I knew that was not the nagging stick, it was the poking stick. Ow! Whoever is poking me? Please, stop! I will someone if somebody doesn't ow!..poke me. (groans)! Ow! That smarts!

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
A/N: I cannot believe I didn’t think of this earlier!

Dear Muppet Fanfiction Authors,

Here at Muppet Labs, we have been studying the human mind and have come up with a few theories on why fine, fickle people like yourselves enjoy writing fanfiction so much.

One theory suggests you have a strong, deep, meaningful relationship with “pop culture.” You enjoy everything about it. In fact, you embrace it, love it cherish it! So you feel bad that you can’t give something back to it, something that will make pop culture feel the same as you do. That is where fanfiction comes in, to write imaginative, creative, exciting, romantic stories starring pop culture, to say thank you for all the good times you and pop culture share together. Rare times do pop culture love it, therefore the bond strengthens. Sometimes, pop culture says thank you, then forgets about it later, leaving the relationship the same as ever. But most likely will pop culture be disgusted and horrified by your stories, and thus the relationship not only crumbles, but explodes into itsy bits, burned to the ground, thrown into the pits of the smelliest alleyways…and then dies. Horribly.

Another is because you want to live out your fantasies through a character you have created. This character gets to do everything you have always wanted to do. Meet your favourite characters, go on adventures with them, marry them, have bouncing little babies with them. When the sad reality is that, you are still stuck to a computer for endless hours on a Saturday night (not that there’s any shame in that! I’ve spent most of my college years like that.)

Other theories include that you weren’t completely happy with an ending, so you decided to change it to your own satisfaction.

Or you took two characters, who are obviously just friends or enemies, and somewhere in your brain, it incorrectly translated their relationship as lovers. So you embark on a quest to prove your otherwise incorrect point to others.

Take, for example, how many of you have sent my unfortunate assistant, Beaker and me such stories where we…well…erm…we… do…stuff…not science.

Good grief, you say your friend is “hauntingly attractive” once and everyone takes it the wrong way.

From your favourite scientist,

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.