Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

catherine

Reaction score
lol hubert, that's a funny tale. I remember once, when I was a kid, we use to stay at my nan's house and we would go walking in the woods. My nan had boxer dogs, when we were little and I always use to think that I was off on an adventure with them, somewhere. We had pillow fights and I use to hear my mum say are ready and of course, we never were ready on time.

Hubert

Reaction score
Some things I just thought of:

At my church's festival, the area with children's games and activities was called "Children's World." So when I was little, not knowing that I went to this section every year, I thought it was a portal you go through and you go to "Children's World."

One time I heard a Bible passage that used the term "alien." So it was saying, "When an alien comes to your town..." stuff like that, I assumed that meant that aliens were real, and I became really scared. Then I found out that it meant a foreigner, not a literal alien from outer space.

Also, down that same line, when I first heard the Tower of Babel story, when different languages were created on purpose so the people couldn't communicate, I thought that that it was bad to learn other languages.

Bryan M

Reaction score
A helium balloon slipped from my hand when I was a kid. I told my dad it was "okay because superman would get it and return it to me." He told me, "maybe, but he probably has more important things to do tonight." Anyway I waited out side for a few hours that night on the off chance he'd show. My brother said that he'd more than likely kept it because, hey free helium balloon!

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
The house I grew up in is 3 blocks from a Middle School, which is a designated place for voting on election days... one time when I was preschool age, probably, my parents said they were going to go voting and took my younger sister and me with. We sat and waited for them and I was getting so excited, as I thought they said we were going to go boating (which really would have been exciting seeing as we lived in the middle of a decent-sized city that is nowhere near a lake). I was SO disappointed when they came back to get us and said we were going home.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Speaking of helium balloons, I used to think run-away helium balloons stay in the sky forever, and maybe one day an airplane will bump into one and crash.

Bryan M

Reaction score
Speaking of helium balloons, I used to think run-away helium balloons stay in the sky forever, and maybe one day an airplane will bump into one and crash.
kinda like upsidaisium from Rocky and Bullwinkle. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty at one point as a kid, I wondered why pillows IRL weren't filled with feathers like they were on TV.