Fraggle Rock: The Best Of Red UK DVD Aug 27th

Kermieuk

Reaction score
A new Fraggle Rock DVD is due for release in the UK on August 28th. It is available to pre order from HMV and Play.com for only £3.99.
It features 4 episodes from the original series based on Red.
So far there is no news if there are any new Special Features or if maybe Red herself introduces the menus??
Image is available on Play.com if some one has time to post it.

Early signs also show that Fraggle Rock: Scared Silly & Other Spooky Stories maybe coming soon....................possibly a Halloween release?
UPDATE: 1st October release.

We need The Best Of Wembley...................Gobo, Boober, Mokey.........Doozers..........Gorgs.......Sprocket..........Cantus!!

Chris

bandit

Reaction score
That's so random but really cool! Which episodes are included, I wonder. IF they released Red's, though, they will probably follow suit with the others and make matching sets. At least, that seems the most logical course of action.

I guess little by little Fraggle Rock is trying to creep its way back into the scene. That's also cool!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sounds cool, even though it's only available in the UK and I doubt I'd buy it anyway.

If I was in charge, I'd include the episodes "I Want to Be You", "The Minstrels", "Red's Club", and "Inspector Red".

What I'd do for other "Best of character" releases:
  • Best of Gobo - "Gobo's Discovery", "The Challenge", "Grapes of Generosity", "Dark and Stormy Night".
  • Best of Mokey - "The Preachification of Convincing John", "Mokey and the Minstrels", "A Cave of One's Own", and that episode where Red follows Mokey on a trip (can't remember the episode).
  • Best of Wembly - "The Beast of Blue Rock", "The Secret of Convincing John", "The Great Race", and "Wembly's Wonderful Water Whoopee" (I think I might be wrong about that title).
  • Best of Boober - "I Don't Care", "Marooned", "Boober's Quiet Day", and "Boober and the Blob".

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for letting us know.

I think it will probably be depending on how well the Red special sales, as to whether they'll make more. This world is so commercialized now, if they can't make a lot of the almighty dollar off something, they normally won't do much more with it. So sad when making a huge profit is more priority over something that's just a totally awesome overall series to keep alive, whether the profit is small or huge.

Still, that's so cool Red's gonna be showcased in her own DVD. :excited: She beat Gobo at something once again, Red's got to be loving it! She admires Gobo, but got to keep competing with him you know. /lol /grin

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the image Danny.

Chris

bandit

Reaction score
That's pretty cool! Oddly, I never liked Red's Club as much as the others in this collection. I know that its one that Karen didn't actually do the Muppeteering for and that the voice was prerecorded. I think even before I knew that was what happened, I always felt like there was something OFF about it. She sounded weird to me. NOW that I've read all of that, it makes sense.
Anyway, I don't know that I would have chosen that episode but that's just quibbling. The fact there is even this kind of a collection available is really pretty great.

catherine

Reaction score
cool, that'll be awesome, but I like wembley and mokey.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
That's awesome! So, I think each of the Fraggle Five is going to have their own DVD in the UK.
I'm not sure if they're going to have the original US Doc & Sprocket segments like they did with the other UK DVD releases or the British Doc & Sprocket segments that were originally broadcasted on TVS.

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
You can't beat that UK opening, zooming in through the lighthouse window!

Since it's cheap I may well invest in this. My niece is a huge FR fan so I might get it for her. :excited: