The Muppets Go To The Movies

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Anyone know it's on DVD? Unfortunately it's dubbed in a foreign language. If I owned it I would copy the HQ footage and take the audio from my taped from TV copy with an editing program to remaster it fan made. But hopefully Disney will distribute it after Seasons 4 and 5 are released. Sounds like a good special feature for season 5 next to the Muppets And Men Documentry. :smile: Special Features RULE! :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Loved "The Muffets Muppets go to the Movies. One of the Muppets' funniest TV specials. And yes, it was meant to promot GMC. There was a special that promoted TMM, which is "Muppets go Hollywood". An... interesting special. My main problem with Muppets go Hollywood was that there seemed to be too much attention given to the celebrity guest stars, and not enough to the Muppets. Then again, it was one of the first Muppet TV specials (not counting all of the pre-Muppet Show specials). There still are a good deal of fun things in it, though. Sam collecting autographs, Animal going after all of the female guests, Miss Piggy singing "Baby face/I've got the cutest little baby face", Johnny Mathis' version of "Never Before, Never Again", Statler and Waldorf's, comments, etc.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
A lot of people see this as promotion for The Great Muppet Caper, but I don't see it. It has three clips from the movie and a new performance of Hey a Movie! (plus an instrumental version plays at the end), and that's it.
Well, given that it aired before the movie came out, all the clips are "sneak peaks" of GMC. And Kermit says at one point it's "our new movie."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My main problem with Muppets go Hollywood was that there seemed to be too much attention given to the celebrity guest stars, and not enough to the Muppets.
Very true and Muppets Go the Movies handled it much better. I loved both Dudley Moore and Lily Tomlin in this.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
It's a little off subject but speaking of Dudley Moore, I still need to see that Aurther movie. I haven't seen it, the only thing I know about is was when I showed my mother a clip from The Critic when they spoofed him, she told me that it was spoofing that movie.
Now does that movie have as much funny British humor as this parody? I'm just curious.
Anyway sorry for going off subject, But since I remember Dudley Moore was in it, I figure I just bring it up. Plus Dudley Moore had a Muppet Show episode right? Mamma the musical R2D2? "Hey look, it's a musical garbage can, playin' musical garbage lol" One of my top favorite quotes from TMS lol
I noticed that the very ending when Animal comes up to Mamma is always edited out. I might have seen it once as a kid. Does Animal kick the robot and it brakes again, at the very end of the credits?

And wasn't Lily Tomlin that same lady that kept playing that telephone operator that was all over TV not to mention a few Muppet and Sesame Specials? Where did that originate, SNL? Probably before my time .lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
lol couldn't resist. lol Probably my favorite part of the special.

But what I forgot to mention is that this sort of thing happened to Sam twice on TMS lol

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Dude! What about the Ben Hur tribute with Dudley Moore as Ceaser playing the piano while Gonzo, Lew Zeland and Beauregard did a chariot race around him in circles? Oh, and instead of horses, they used chickens, fish and rats retrospectively? Remember that, huh?!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Dude! What about the Ben Hur tribute with Dudley Moore as Ceaser playing the piano while Gonzo, Lew Zeland and Beauregard did a chariot race around him in circles? Oh, and instead of horses, they used chickens, fish and rats retrospectively? Remember that, huh?!
Yep, and in the next backstage scene, Rizzo and his rat buddies complained about how the rats were depicted in the Ceaser parody.

Also, during one of the backstage scenes (I think it's the one where Kermit talks to Beau about the taxi scene in GMC), look carefully in the background. Gaffer the Cat is trying to eat Rizzo! She slowly pulls Rizzo's towards her, and at the last minute, Rizzo slides away from her. This was no doubt Kathy Mullen and Steve Whitmire just goofing around.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Also, during one of the backstage scenes (I think it's the one where Kermit talks to Beau about the taxi scene in GMC), look carefully in the background. Gaffer the Cat is trying to eat Rizzo! She slowly pulls Rizzo's towards her, and at the last minute, Rizzo slides away from her. This was no doubt Kathy Mullen and Steve Whitmire just goofing around.
Oh, my goodness! I didn't notice that before! LOL! :smile: