The Muppet Christmas Carol coming to Blu-ray November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I see...it sounds pretty great. You're starting to encourage me to get a Blu-Ray player...
Bascially it's sort of like your own private Muppet Show. I hated to restart the movie at times it's pretty entertaining. I know Kermit joked about it an interview when he was promoting the release of the DVD and said "even on pause we don't leave you alone." LOL!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't really care I'm just saying if MTI does have a blu ray release I still ain't buying it. I'm not one of these people who buys stuff just cause its Muppets. If its crap I certainly aint wasting my money on it. Thats no offense to anyone who loves the film. But you wont see it in my movie collection. I'm all for the other 3 films getting a blu ray combo released. That's why I haven't bought the blu-ray version of MTM cause I'm pretty sure Disney is gonna do a pack for that as well in the near future. As for TMS I still hold faith that the remaining 2 seasons will eventually be released. It might not be this year or next but I choose to be optimistic about it. Call me naive but that's my opinion. And I did hear about the Michael Jackson estate issue.
Yeah, but that's not my point. All the Disney owned Muppet Movies should either be in the pipeline of being released as Blu editions or they should have been released by now.

I understand they had that completely strange motive for not rereleasing movies on DVD when the sequel comes out (except that they totally do, but usually a year in advance), and I understand they didn't want to crowd the release of the new movie on DVD and Blu with other releases (since they released TMS season 1 and MWO at the same time, and more people bought TMS S1 that makes sense). But the iron is hot, and it's time to strike.

But I have to wonder if it's going to be difficult to convert the first 2 movies to High Def, and that's going to be a stumbling block.

As for the Muppet Show, if it's a music rights issue, there's nothing that can be done there. Home video music rights were created from the incomprehensible ramblings of a mad man. But if it isn't, and everything is indeed cleared up, they didn't just drop the ball, they had it hit them on the head when someone shouted "Think Fast," and stood there for a whole 10 minutes afterward. The season sets sell quite well, and we're left in the lurch for Season 4. We've waited over 3 years for this now, and there's not even an announcement.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone comment on this yet, so figured i'd bring it up because it needs to be said...

Before we get all excited about a re-release with new bonus features, what are the odds that the new bonus features will only be on the blu ray and not the dvd like the **** they pulled with "The Muppets"

I'd like to get excited about this...but i know better. Just more Disney greed keeping great new Muppet material from a large portion of their fans.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
More then likely that's what's gonna happen which I think is Disney's whole point in a released combo pack. I have a blu-ray player but I know not everyone can drop a couple hundred dollars or more to buy one and some just don't want one so I do think it's unfair for those who only have a DVD player not be able to have the same extras as the blu-ray. They totally ripped off fans in the DVD department when the last film came out. But that's Disney for you. To me it's almost snobbish on their parts if you ask me. Like the DVD is not worthy of the extras that are on a blu-ray.

Who knows maybe Disney will surprise fans and all the extras will be on the DVD. Not that anyone is holding their breathes because Disney could care less about what us peasants think. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Before we get all excited about a re-release with new bonus features, what are the odds that the new bonus features will only be on the blu ray and not the dvd like the **** they pulled with "The Muppets"
The XXXX they pulled with EVERY Disney DVD release. Lion King actually got it WORSE!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
It's ashame they didn't at least put the "intermission" on the DVD from the last film. I think I liked that more then all the other bonus features that were on the blu-ray.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There are some preview clips on Disney's website, featuring two clips from the "Holiday Sing Along" feature, which is actual new material!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.