Funniest Wackiest Zaniest Sesame Sketches

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I just wanted to start a thread of the funniest sketches that we all remember

It would take me a long time to list all my favorites but here's a few

The Count Goes Shopping
The Count's Rocket with Professor Rain Brain
Grover as the waiter in a Mexican Resterant dancing and knocking over Mr. Johnson's meals
The Frazzle Song
Don Music sketches
Ernie writes a list (probably my #1 fav Ernie and Bert Sketch Ever) Bert: He's improving, last time he used spaghetti sause. lol
Ernie Plays The Drums
Ernie is listening for Bert knocking at the door (Bert forgot he's keys and says at the end "I'm gonna move out" lol)
$1.00 man (Where the robot distroys the lab, Kermit's in shock and the scientist is laughing like crazy) lol

tutter_fan

Reaction score
How about "I EIGHT the sand box" (How'd it taste, Bert?", TEN-Q ("You're welcome, You're welcome, You're welcome!" and I bet you didn't know that Maria did this trick on Oscar!)
Bip Bippadotta singing Air, and Scratch My Back
There's many more, and I'll post those when I remember them.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I used to tease my mother and high school teachers with the Ten-Q trick. lol Of course the students didn't find it funny, only my teachers. lol

I just remembered "Oh I'm between" lol One of my all time favorites

Also the opening lines in "Healthy Food (aka Cookie Hammer)" "Throwing loyal fans a curve, what's he doing eating fish or vegitable dish, man he sure has a lot of nerve" lol I caught this listening to one of my Sesame CDs that I put on my ipod laughing thinking only if this was placed instead of "Cookies are a sometimes food"
Also Eight balls of Fur where Chrissy is playing the piano with his back like he has what heck of a bad itch. lol I just got to remind myself to show that one to my best friend. I tell him that there was some cool funny stuff from Sesame which is doesn't believe me, all I can say is I got him interested into The Muppet Show about a year ago. :smile:

Benji2

Reaction score
Funniest: 'There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza' - the looks on Liza's face were priceless

Wackiest (and Funkiest): 'Imagining shapes'/'Visual Thinking' with a 'hipster' and a 'square', with Northern Calloway in fine form as the 'hipster' and Frank Oz as the 'square'.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Funniest: 'There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza' - the looks on Liza's face were priceless

Wackiest (and Funkiest): 'Imagining shapes'/'Visual Thinking' with a 'hipster' and a 'square', with Northern Calloway in fine form as the 'hipster' and Frank Oz as the 'square'.
Ah yes, the remake of the Sam & Friends classic :smile: I heard Stuffed and Unstrung are remaking all the classic Muppet sketches again. So far I know they are doing Java and I've Grown Accustom to your face and even sketches in which the original film footage no longer exists.

Who's Liza? I've never heard of that character before.

I probably just listed Frazzle already. The lyrics are so funny
Especially the ending

(Frazzle's growl)
That means he's hungry
(Frazzle's growl)
That means he's hot
(Frazzle's growl)
That means he's sleepy
(Frazzle's growl)
That means he's not
(Frazzle's growl)
That means yes
(Frazzle's growl)
That means no
(Frazzle's growl)
That means thanks for the dinner but it's really getting late and I really must go. lol

dwmckim

Reaction score
Visual Thinking would be my pick but since it was named already...

Bert and Ernie in bed- counting sheep.
Makes me laugh every time and always loved Bert's nose waggling back and forth after he screams at the balloon.

2,3,4 Art Gallery (Biff in the museum)
I've talked about this many times before. Best punchline delivery and ending tag ever. ("Chicken soup? What is this? I don't get it...")

Ernie replaces Bert's ice cream with mashed banana. Bert's reaction at the gravy gets me giggling just thinking about it.

News Flash - Miss Muffet
Henson/Oz/Nelson at their best. The way they play off each other is pure art.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do I even need to mention Happy Caps? The long billed baseball caps that keep whacking Elmo off the head?

Someone has to have that on tape and put it up on Youtube.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I've talked about this many times before. Best punchline delivery and ending tag ever. ("Chicken soup? What is this? I don't get it...")
HA HA HA, I totally forgot about that one. lol I remember I did a tape trade years ago (the VHS stoneage time of Tape trades) and making a combo VHS for myself, I found that sketch and I put it on a tape for myself. I might have transmited it to DVD, I don't remember.

Is there a youtube link to that? I'd love to show the ending to my best friend. lol
I just loved the security guard dancing with the Guy Smiley like French Artist just flooping his arms around when he was dancing with that, what kind of music do you call when they have a comedic ending? And Biff just completely confused. lol

That was always my favorite kind of humor right there, something so silly and surreal it confuses people. lol

LOL Again the security gaurd and his flooping arms.

Kind of reminds me of Telephone Rock when Little Chrisy (Not to be confused with Little Chrisy and the Alphabetes, but still voiced by Christopher Cerf) the Punkin Muppet. At the last choris of Yeah...yeah..And when he pops up, his arm just flops in the air when he comes up. lol

For some reason, floopy arms on Muppets with no rods attach crap me up. I know that Ernie has mentioned Ber's Floopy arms many times. lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Did I mention the one with Elmo in Space with Prarie Dawn. The old funny pain in the neck Elmo? lol That one was super funny. It's amazing how Elmo became today. Same with the first original goofy clumsy Big Bird with Cookie Monster type eyes but half shut in his eyes to what he became today. Lol Imagine if we had Big Bird like that today just walking into walls and tripping over stuff like back in 1969. lol
I wonder what Big Bird in China or Big Bird in Japan and even Follow That Bird would be like. lol

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I think this is what you might be looking for!: