Dudley the Dragon

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Anybody remember "Dudley the Dragon", this Canadian show that used to come on PBS? A lot of people mistake this for a Barney rip-off, but if anything, it's the exact opposite of Barney. Anyway, being able to see several episodes on youtube again has been great.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I vaugely remember Dudley. The only evidence I have is an old plush toy and a video tape. Don't know what the show is like... no vcr to play it on.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I remember that show I use to watch it when I was a little girl.

Foodie

Reaction score
Anybody remember "Dudley the Dragon", this Canadian show that used to come on PBS? A lot of people mistake this for a Barney rip-off, but if anything, it's the exact opposite of Barney. Anyway, being able to see several episodes on youtube again has been great.
I draw Dudley all the time!!!!

Foodie

Reaction score
He shows up on the cards I draw for my parents. This link leads to my Dad's recent birthday card. http://phraggle.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d57m7zo I was on an Alien kick too. Oh! My version of Dudley is based on the plush version I have.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I think the show is currently in reruns in Canada (on APTN), though for whatever reason, APTN hasn't aired anything from the first two seasons (though interestingly, they have aired the short-lived French counterparts to these two seasons). The season 3 premiere also supposedly hasn't aired. It was an episode that involved a doll being turned into a human (regular cast member "Julia"). This is very odd, especially since Julia's previous life as a doll was never brought up again. Most of the APTN airings are also now on youtube.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
For the last few months, I've been updating the wikipedia article for Dudley. A lot of this information, not to brag, was provided by yours truly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Dudley_the_Dragon

There probably aren't many Dudley fans on here, but if anybody is able to dig up any additional info, feel free to add it (as long as it's legit; I'm still trying to confirm the accuracy of the VHS releases somebody added a few weeks back).

Also, very recently (about a minute ago, to be exact), I found information on an actor named Anthony Scavone. According to the IMDB, he was Dudley in the American brodcasts. Though it's not specified if he was Dudley's voice, I'm guessing that's what they're implying.

My memories of Dudley airing on PBS are extremely vague, so I really don't remember what American Dudley sounded like. Up until now, I always assumed that Alex Galatis' voice remained in the American airings. I actually can't imagine somone other than Galatis doing Dudley's voice. If anybody has any old PBS airings, I'd love to see them.