The Secret Life of a Background Character

Hubert

Reaction score
Thanks, Aaron! I'm really glad you're enjoying it. I'm hoping to get chapter 4.2 up soon.

Hubert

Reaction score
Chapter 4.2: Link Hogthrob

MuppeTelevision was a lot of fun, despite the occasional Canadian Snout Fever scare. I did some other things in the 90s, such as go to Disney World with the Muppets. Then one day, I got a call from a certain frog.

“Hey Link, uh, I was wondering if you could possibly work on an adaptation of The Christmas Carol that we’re going to be doing?” he asked.
“Sure, Kermit, anything you say. Who am I going to be? Maybe Scrooge? Or can I be the Ghost of Christmas Future-no, wait! The Ghost of Christmas Present! That role will bring out my acting skills the most.”
“Er, no Link, we already assigned the main roles and-”
“Bob Cratchit! I’m going to be Bob Cratchit! Who’s Mrs. Cratchit?” I interrupted.
“Well, Miss Piggy is, but Link-”
“Aha! Finally you decide to hand her over to me Kermit! Thank you! Thank you! Maybe some sort of relationship will come out of this, then eventually marriage,”
“Er, Link, I’m going to be Bob Cratchit.” he said. My heart was broken. It was broken, I tell you, broken.

(NOTE FROM TYPIST ANNIE SUE: Yeah, I’m not going to type Link’s whole big long speech about how his heart was broken...touchy subject for me, you know?)

“But Kermit, then who am I going to be?”
“Erm, well, right now you’re put in the role of background character #18?” he said. My heart was broken. Not quite as much as the first broken, but almost. I mean, that first broken, it was really-

(NOTE FROM TYPIST ANNIE SUE: Once again...)

“So Kermit, do I get any lines?” I asked. Hopefully at least a good 30 lines, I was thinking.
“Erm, no. Not right now, Link. You see, we couldn’t quite find a suitable role for you in this one.”
“But Kermit! I could’ve been any of the Ghosts, Bob Cratchit, Scrooge himself, Scrooge’s nephew, Bob Cratchit, Fezziwig, Santa Claus,”
“What? Santa Claus? He’s not in this.”
“Great! That means you haven’t casted him yet! You can give me him!” I said.
“But Santa Claus isn’t in this story!!!!!” Kermit yelled.
“You better go check. I have a feeling you’ll be quite mistaken.” I continued.
“Fine. Give me a minute. OK, here it is. No Santa Claus in the character listing.” he said.
“How could William Shakespeare do this to us?”
“Uh, Link, William Shakespeare didn’t write this story.” he mistakenly said.
“Fine, fine, Ludwig van Beethoven, William Shakespeare, same thing.”
“Sheesh!” Kermit said softly. “OK, well, goodbye Link.”
“Wait Kermit! Wait! I’ll do any role! Any role! I’ll even play a girl! Please Kermit, please!” He had already hung up.

So when the time came, I went to be background character #18. Which I think that’s a stupid name, don’t you? I mean, who goes around with a birth certificate saying that their name is “Background Character #18?” They could’ve at least called him Frank or Joe or Greg or Don or Pete or Napoleon. But no matter, I got as dressed up as possible, combed my hair, put on my makeup, and left for the set. It was big and bustling when I got there. Everyone seemed to be whispering about something. Though Rowlf says differently, I still believe they were talking about how dapper I looked that day.

galagr

Reaction score
I say I love that dog,
Like a bird loves to fly,
I say I love that dog,
Like a bird loves to fly,
I call him in the morning, say
"Hey there, Sky!"

Tell me where that's from and I'll give you a million dollars (not from anything Muppet related)
Jack from the book "Love That Dog" by Sharon Creech.

galagr

Reaction score
Ding ding ding! I award you 1 million invisible dollars!
Will I be reciving this in the form of an invisible check or through the Invisible postal service?

Hubert

Reaction score
*sighs*

I really hate to do this, but I think I'm gonna put this story on hold for the time being. It's just that...well...when I started writing this, I was basically a new member, new to the fan fiction board. I wanted to get a story I was comfortable writing, so I came up with this. But the more and more I'm writing this, the more and more I'm becoming aware that not only is this story just a big burden and pain for me to write, but also that it really has no plot whatsoever. I'm not saying this is dead...it ain't dead. I'll still maybe get around to writing the rest of it just to finish it off at some point. I'm just saying that right now, I want to put this on hold and focus my energy towards some other bigger and better things I have planned in the line of fan-fics. Sorry to do this for anyone who may have been following this story. Hopefully I'll get around to finishing it at some point.

Hubert

Reaction score
Disappointing.
You're trying to make me feel bad, aren't you?

Well, Aaron, just for you, I'll make a commitment and a promise to finish the story eventually, even if it isn't immediately.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Disappointing.
Oh Aaron! This is a great sotry, not disappointing.

You're trying to make me feel bad, aren't you?

Well, Aaron, just for you, I'll make a commitment and a promise to finish the story eventually, even if it isn't immediately.
Well, I already read this fanfic and it's wonderful. I will make a comminent that there must be more story soon.