Flippersteps in the Sand

Vincent L

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
“Then where are we?” Robin asked. “If we’re not on the first floor, and we’re not on the second floor… is there an in-between floor?”
Random thought: If that's Robin's reactions to stairs, I wonder what will happen if he's on an airplane…

Vincent L

Reaction score
Random thought: if Kermit didn't take Robin to show biz, will Robin be a barback at club Dot?

(I keep having these thoughts for some reason)

Vincent L

Reaction score
Random idea: you should explain why Robin wasn't introduced as Kermit's nephew in his performance of Halfway Down the Stairs.

Random thought: I really should stop these random thoughts. At least my brain should think them all at once so I can finish it in one post.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Random idea: you should explain why Robin wasn't introduced as Kermit's nephew in his performance of Halfway Down the Stairs.

Random thought: I really should stop these random thoughts. At least my brain should think them all at once so I can finish it in one post.
If you listen to the audio version of Halfway Down the Stairs, Kermit voiced by Jim Henson does introduce Robin for the song for his nephew.

I believe I know why Kermit did not introduce Robin for the song, because he had too much chaos or work to handle backstage of the Muppet Theater. Poor Kermit!

Am I right with those explanations?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Well, the audio version you're referring to is from an album for The Muppet Show. Kermit's introduction was recorded specifically for that. As for why Kermit didn't specifically introduce Robin singing Halfway Down the Stairs for the show, that's probably because Robin sang it in the first season, and he wasn't actually established as Kermit's nephew until the Bernadette Peters episode in the second season. So at the time, the writers and performers might not have even thought to have Robin be Kermit's nephew yet.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Random fact: (not again...)
“Now we go upstairs,” Kermit said.
This is actually the first time I realized we call something "upstairs" is because we have to go up stairs to get there

Vincent L

Reaction score
Robin watched him and waited very patiently. He seemed to understand people in a way that many adults struggled to. It was really beyond his own comprehension. But he knew the difference between big emotions and small emotions, good emotions and bad emotions. He knew that what his uncle was about to explain was a really big, really bad emotion. And he knew that when somebody shared a really big, really bad emotion, he should be really quiet. So he was.
Did I mention that I love this paragraph? It basically sums up all human emotions! And it feels very Robin-ish (is that a word?).

Beauregard

Reaction score
Did I mention that I love this paragraph? It basically sums up all human emotions! And it feels very Robin-ish (is that a word?).
I think its Robin-esque? Or is esque too big a word for Robin? It might overshadow him a little :stick_out_tongue:

Vincent L

Reaction score
The word weighs a little over 6 oz, I believe.