Muppet Beanbags and Plush at Toys R Us

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
I got the medium plush from my TRU (they have not received the bean bag muppets plush yet). I htink the medium plush are awesome and look great in person :smile: Well done "Just Play" Products!!!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okay here's the low down on my end. I went to TRU today and they had the medium plushies in. At least in my neck of the woods they must be selling really well because there were only 3 Kermit's, no Fozzies, and a little more Gonzo's and Animal's, and a partridge in a pear tree. I ended up just getting Kermit because I really didn't wanna spend a lot of money this weekend. I do plan to collect them all I just can't afford to buy them all at once.

I didn't see any of the bean bags so my husband asked the customer service person if they had any in and she said none of the TRU stores on the east coast would be getting them in till next week. She said another lady came in yesterday and was asking if they had any as well. For some reason in my area Muppet stuff sells really well apparently. Which is not a bad thing but anyways that's the story on my end.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
What is with cross-eyed Gonzo? I hope they aren't all like that.

The other three all seem better than many plush...the animal is by far the best one that I've seen released for a while...
I think it must just be that picture because the Gonzo's that I saw were actually pretty good.

Hubert

Reaction score
I think it must just be that picture because the Gonzo's that I saw were actually pretty good.
That's what I didn't know...cause on Muppet plush, many times each one's eyes have a different focus and such. Like, for example, when I took my annual trip to the Disney Store and got a Fozzie plush for cheap, there were about four left to choose from and every single one had completely different eye positioning and eyebrow positioning, leaving one looking like mad Fozzie and one looking like tired Fozzie...

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Awesome news! :big_grin: Fozzie and Gonzo are leaps and bounds above the Disney Store releases, I'll hafta get em both! Kermit is a maybe (I really love my Disney Store version, and my Build-A-Bear Kermit even more!), and Animals proportions are too crazy, ha ha. He'd make a nice gift though.

When I clicked into this thread, I was hoping against hope that there'd be a Rowlf or Scooter included (or both!), but alas, no dice. C'mon toy companies!! I want an official Rowlf and Scooter, Dr. Teeth tooooooooo!!! :sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not at all. Sure, I can't say I liked the Kermit, though it was hardly the worst one I've ever seen (just no match for Fisher Price and Macy's), The Animal was pretty good and the best plush likeness I've seen of the character, but the real show stoppers were Walter and Pepe. Pepe was dead on as far as I'm concerned. The Beaker was pretty good too... if you could find it.

Hubert

Reaction score
Not at all. Sure, I can't say I liked the Kermit, though it was hardly the worst one I've ever seen (just no match for Fisher Price and Macy's), The Animal was pretty good and the best plush likeness I've seen of the character, but the real show stoppers were Walter and Pepe. Pepe was dead on as far as I'm concerned. The Beaker was pretty good too... if you could find it.
Wait...was there a Beaker? I dunno if my memory is failing me or what here, but I didn't think they had made a Beaker with the rest of those for the movie...