Words You Overuse

Hubert

Reaction score
Does anyone else have obscure, more uncommon words that they are using all the time?

Ones that come to mind for me would be "vibe" and "wary." It seems like I'm constantly using them (especially on the fourm)

Hayley B

Reaction score
The word "though" and "especially" I use alot.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named has a tendency to use "sweet" in her vocabulary, when I don't believe have been saying "sweet" since the 90s, or at least early 2000s.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Kids my age say sweet all time. Along with "sick" for some reason. For Example: "Hey, I just got this sick new ice cream cone!"

Hubert

Reaction score
Y'know, I never really hear people use the word "sick" all that often in that instance. It seems to me that they'd just as soon replace it with a swear or something...or not use anything there at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I was in middle school, for like an entire year, the biggest word in every kid's vocabulary was "Trifolin"... and to this day, I STILL have NO idea what in the world that word means! I think they got it from one of those naughty pop songs that the kids liked to listen to in those days (I think there was a verse in a song that went something like, "I heard she was trifolin" or whatever).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I hear "legit" tossed around by people a lot. it drives me bonkers.

I am quite fond of the words "quite" and "baffle" though :stick_out_tongue:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I hear "legit" tossed around by people a lot. it drives me bonkers.

I am quite fond of the words "quite" and "baffle" though :stick_out_tongue:
Yeah. All the girls at my school ALWAYS say legit. Like we don't believe what they're saying. "I just saw a squirrel in the dumpster. Like, legit." :rolleyes: