Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
I thought I was almost the only young person who even cared about the muppets enough to go on a forum
I've learned quickly on here there are a lot of us who came into the Muppets after the deaths of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt. I myself am a HUGE Fraggle fan. When I was 16 I requested to go to the Muppet exhibit in Chicago. On my birthday! (We did) It was amazing. My fondest memory was scurrying through the exhibit to find the Gobo and Cantus Muppets. My mom said she teared up as she watched me because I was so "reverent" in front of these Muppets. To me the passing of Mr. Nelson is like the passing of a best friend. I grew up with him. He got me through tough times and taught me lessons. (So much more than counting.)
So no youngins you are not alone.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I got the news just now. This is quite heartbreaking especially considering that he's been active with the Muppets (still performing the Count on SS, etc.) up to this day. I know Matt will probably cover his characters, but as Big Bird said upon the death of Mr. Hooper: It won't be the same.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
That's right, Daffyfan2003.

It won't be the same.

Eventually, we'll loose all of the main Muppeters including Frank Oz, Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire.

It can be hard without Jerry Nelson living in this world.

You can't have another Jerry Nelson in the this world.

He's one, one Fantastic Muppeteer. Ah ah ah! :batty:

cahuenga

Reaction score
He was one of my favourite performers, I love the count, who is my favourite muppet from Sesame Street. He will be missed, I love how he answered a message ive sent him, and was too special for me. Well miss you MR. Nelson. All my prayers to his familly, friends and Muppet- Sesame colleagues.