Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I was 7 years old when Jim Henson died and at the time didnt really understand death a whole lot nor did I really know who he was. But now since hearing this news about Jerry I wish I was that 7 year old again who didn't understand. :frown:

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
I just found out on ABC News. Was sad to hear. I like the piece done, but they barely scratched the depths of Jerry's talents, only mentioning the Count, a few others, and Snuffy (a character not played by Jerry for years). Oh well, we know what he's done and we'll always be grateful to Jerry Nelson. :smile:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Last night I logged on to Facebook and the first thing I saw was Muppet Wiki's post on Jerry's passing, and I'm thinking to myself, "WHAT?!". But I had a real bad feeling that it would happen at one point or another. Earlier today while I was watching Sesame Street's 25th Birthday: A Musical Celebration (for old time's sake), I kept getting chills or nearly started tearing up whenever any of Jerry's characters appeared/spoke (as well as during Bein' Green and I Don't Want to Live on the Moon; yeah I know these clips don't involve Jerry, but it's the truth). Of course that's when I realized that it's going to be hard to watch or listen to anything with his involvement (especially if he's performing with Jim and/or Richard).

When I was in 6th grade (about 5 or 6 years ago) , I wrote to Sesame Workshop (see the Fan Mail thread for the reason why I did) and sometime later, not only did they send me a letter back, but they also included these autographed photos of Oscar, Ernie, and The Count. Even if Jerry didn't sign the photo of The Count, that one is the holy grail/most important of the three (three vonderful photos! ah! ah! ah!), as of right now, for an obvious reason.

Currently, I'm trying to work on a video as a tribute to Jerry Nelson, and I'm hoping to upload it on YouTube or something.

Otherwise, I know that Matt Vogel will do a fantastic job taking over his characters.

RIP, Jerry Nelson! You were one of the best performers ever, and every Muppet Fan is going to miss you so much! :batty: :search: :sing: :fishy: :crazy: :cluck: :smirk:
OK, about the video: IDK for sure if it's going to happen, but it's just an idea that came to me, so it's basically in the planning stages.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
He must be terribly frightened, yet excited to carry on the legacy.
I'm sure the last thing on Matt's mind right now is taking over Jerry's characters I'm sure like us and the Muppeteers themselves their all grieving right now. I don't know if excitement is the right word maybe more "honored."

Beauregard

Reaction score
I just love Bless Us All. That's how I became a Robin fan.
I'm not sure I can quite take Bless Us All just yet...I really do feel like the message of Robin in that song is soooooo the kind of message he'd want to leave for us though. If we could live by the lyrics...for even a few days...we'd impact others too.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Life is full of sweet surpises
Everyday's a gift
The sun comes up and i can feel it lift my spirit
Fills me up with laughter, fills me up with song
I look into the eyes of love and know that i belong

Bless us all, who gather here
The loving family i hold dear
No place on earth, compares with home
And every path will bring me back from where i rome
Bless us all, that as we live