Fan Fiction: Goodbye Jerry Nelson

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Thank you everyone.
Ch. 7
"Hi guys,"Emmet said as Robin, Gobo, Colleen, Vincent, Figgie, and Jaz came in to the resturant where they performed.
"Hi Emmet,"Robin sighed. "Jerry Nelson has died."
"Died?"Emmet said. "I knew he wasn't in good condition."
"Will you please come with us for a tribute to him Emmet?"asked Colleen.
"Of course I will,"Emmet said."I remember a song Jerry sang about death. He said it was a song he heard while exploring Fraggle Rock."
"Then sing it!"Figgie insited.
"Yes that would be really nice"Vincent said.
"Ok!" Emmet said whistling.
[Emmet]
Feel the water flowing. Feel it coming. Fell it going. In the river. In the rain or in the sky. One day it's an ocean. One day ice in motion. One day it's a tear drop in your eye. Once I wasn't here, and then I suddenly appeared and now I seem to be at home in Earth and air. Like a river flowing I know where I'm going look benath your boots and I'll be there. It's just a dream away. You have to leave to stay. We'll meet again someday just a dream away.
"Thank you,"Jaz said. "It's pretty upbeat for what it's about.
"You're welcome! Now let's keep going."said Emmet.
Song used- Just a Deam Away from the Fraggle Rock episode Gone but not Forgotten.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Thank you everyone.
Ch. 7
"Hi guys,"Emmet said as Robin, Gobo, Colleen, Vincent, Figgie, and Jaz came in to the resturant where they performed.

Hey! It's Emmet from Emmet's Jug'o Band christmas special. YAYYYYYYYYYYY! :smile:

"Hi Emmet,"Robin sighed. "Jerry Nelson has died."
"Died?"Emmet said. "I knew he wasn't in good condition."
"Will you please come with us for a tribute to him Emmet?"asked Colleen.
"Of course I will,"Emmet said."I remember a song Jerry sang about death. He said it was a song he heard while exploring Fraggle Rock."
"Then sing it!"Figgie insited.
"Yes that would be really nice"Vincent said.
"Ok!" Emmet said whistling.
[Emmet]
Feel the water flowing. Feel it coming. Fell it going. In the river. In the rain or in the sky. One day it's an ocean. One day ice in motion. One day it's a tear drop in your eye. Once I wasn't here, and then I suddenly appeared and now I seem to be at home in Earth and air. Like a river flowing I know where I'm going look benath your boots and I'll be there. It's just a dream away. You have to leave to stay. We'll meet again someday just a dream away.

Great song choice! Richard did the Mudbunny. Yep! Death is very hard on all of us. I guess Wembley didn't know who was following him after all. Hehe! :smirk:

"Thank you,"Jaz said. "It's pretty upbeat for what it's about.
"You're welcome! Now let's keep going."said Emmet.
Song used- Just a Deam Away from the Fraggle Rock episode Gone but not Forgotten.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ch. 8
"Hello Rugby,"Emmet said. "We have to talk to Balthazar."
"Hello my friends,"said Balthazar. "What can I do for you on this perfect day?"
"It's not perfect,"Colleen sighed. "Jerry Nelson has pased away."
"Oh how dreadful. Meeting please. Our friend Jerry Nelson has passed away,"he told all the other toys. Rugby, Apple, and Mew gasped in desbelief.
"This is very sad,"Rugby said. "We'll have to say goodbye to him."
[Robin]
You were once my one companion
You were all that mattered
You were once a friend and father
Then my world was shattered

Wishing you were somehow here again
Wishing you were somehow near
Sometimes it seemed if I just dreamed
Somehow you would be here

Wishing I could here your voice again
Knowing that I never would
Dreaming of you helped me to do
All that you dreamed I could

Passing bells and sculpted angels, cold and monumental
Seem for you the wrong companion, you were warm and gentle

Too many years
Fighting back tears
Why can't the past just die!

Wishing you were here again
Knowing we must say goodbye

Try to forgive
Teach me to live
Give me the strength to try!

No more memories
No more silent tears
No more gazing across the wasted years

Help me say goodbye
Help me say goodbye!
Song used-Wishing you were somehow here again from Phantom of the Opera.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
*Sniff* I love that song and it fits perfect for Jerry, thanks for such a beautiful goodbye.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Okay! I finally listened to "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" and my gosh that song just (sniffles) puts me to tears I guess. You really pick good songs here.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, this story is sooooooo sweet. I love it. I miss Jerry so much.
Me too! This is really the first time I ever heard a Muppeteer gone and now it hurts. I can't believe he's gone! I am really shocked too myself. It's okay! I love this story too. (Sniffles!)

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ch. 9
Many Muppet fans came to honor Jerry Nelson. They all applauded as Kermit came out.
"Feel free to sing along to honor Jerry Nelson with songs and sketches!"
[Kermit]
Why are there so many songs about rainbows? And what's on the other side? Rainbows are visions but only illusions and rainbows have nothing to hide! So we've been told. And some choose to believe it. I know they're wrong. Wait and see. Someday we'll find it. The rainbow connection. The lovers. The dreamers and me. Who said that every wish would be heard and answered when wished on the morning star? Somebody thought of that and someone believed it. Look what it's done so far! What's so amazing that keep us stargazing and what do we think we might see? Someday we'll find it. The rainbow connection. The lovers the dreamers and me. All of us under its spell we know that it's probably magic. Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices I heard them calling my name! Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailor the voice might be one and the same. I've heard it too many times to ignore it. It's something that I'm supposed to be. Someday we'll find it the rainbow connection. The lovers the dreamers and me.
Song used- Rainbow Connection from The Muppet Movie, but odds are you could sing this song by just hearing it instrumentally.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ch. 10
The memorial was off to a great start.
[Uncle Matt]
Every day the world begins again
Sunny skies or rain
Come and follow me

Every sunrise shows me more and more
So much to explore
Come and follow me
[Both]
Every morning, every day
Every evening, calling me away

[Gobo]
While the sun goes 'round
I'll still be found
Following the sound
Something's calling me

When the world goes drifting back to bed
Memories in my head
Wonders follow me

[Both]
Every morning, every day
Every morning, every day
"Robin has a couple of numbers coming up!"Emmet said."And he's nowhere to be found."
"We'll find him."Fozzie said. Right now it's time for you guys to say goodbye.
[Emmet]
Saying Goodbye going away. Seems like goodbye's such a hard thing to say.
[Count]
Touching a hand. Wondering why.
[Both]
It's time for saying goodbye.
[Gobo]
Saying goodbye. Why is it sad? Makes us remember the good times we had. Much more to say. Foolish to try. It's time for saying goodbye.
[Pa Gorg]
Don't want to leave but we both know sometimes it's better to go.
[Lew Zealand]
Somehow I know we'll meet again. Not sure quite where and I don't know just when.
[Floyd]
You're in my heart so until then it's time for saying goodbye.
[Emmet]
Somehow I know we'll meet again. Not sure quite where and I don't know just when. You're in my heart so until then. Wanna smile. Wanna cry. Saying goodbye.
[All]
La la la la la la la la la la. It's time for saying goodbye. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Songs used.-Follow me from the Fraggle Rock episode Beginning and Saying Goodbye from the Muppets Take Manhattan.