Fan Fiction: Goodbye Jerry Nelson

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ch. 11
"Robin!"Kermit said. "There you are. Buddy you have to perform."
"No. I don't want to say goodbye to Jerry Nelson,"Robin said.
"I know. Neither do I, but he'll always be in our hearts."
"Ok."Robin sighed "I'll do it."
[Robin]
Halfway down the stairs is a stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not on the bottom. I'm not on the top. So this is the stair where I always stop. Halfway up the stairs isn't up and isn't down. It isn't in the nursery. It isn't in the town. And sorts of funny thoughts lie in my head. It isn't really anywhere. It's somewhere else instead. Halfway down the stair is a stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not on the bottom. I'm not on the top. So this is the stair where I always stop.
[Emmet and Robin together
When the mountain touches the valley
All the clouds are taught to fly
As our souls will leave this land most peacefully
Though our minds be filled with questions
In our hearts we'll understand
When the river meets the sea

Like a flower that has blossomed
In this dry and barren sand
We are born and born again most gracefully
Plus the winds of time will take us
With a sure and steady hand

Patience my brothers
And patience my son
In that sweet and final hour
Truth and justice will be done

Like a baby when it is sleeping
In its mother's loving arms
What a newborn baby dreams is a mystery (a mystery)

But this life will find a purpose
And in time we'll understand
When the river meets the almighty sea.
[Robin]
If just one person believes in you deep enough and strong enough believes in you. Hard enough and long enough. Before you knew it someone else would think if he can do it. I can do it. Making it...
[Robin and Gobo]
Two whole people who believe in you deep enough and strong enough believe in you hard enough and long enough. There's bound to be some other person who believes in making it a threesome.
[Robin, Gobo, and Emmet]
Making it three. People you can say believe in me. And if three whole people
[Robin, Gobo, Emmet, and Count]
Why not four? And if four whole people
[All muppets}
Why not more? And more? And more? And when all those people believe in you deep enough and strong enough believe in you. Long enough and hard enough. It stands to reason. That you yourself will start to see what everybody sees in you. And maybe even you can believe in you too.
"Thank you for coming to our tribute to Jerry Nelson,"Kermit said.
"Good night Vincent,"Robin said as his friend and babysitter picked up him up and hugged him. He hugged Figgie, Colleen, and Jaz before Kermit tucked him in and kissed him goodnight.
"Wilbur never forgot Charlotte. "Robin whispered to himself."Though he loved her children and grandchildren dearly. None of the new spiders could ever quite take her place in his heart. She was in a class by herself. It is not often that someone comes along one who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both. And so were you. Goodnight Jerry."
The End​

Vincent L

Reaction score
Nice ending. Charlotte's Web is an interesting choice.

How did you decide to put me in the story?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Nice ending. Charlotte's Web is an interesting choice.

How did you decide to put me in the story?
Well Robin needed someone a bit older to be there for him, so I thought I'm putting Jaz and Colleen in roles. Why not Vincent? He's nice, and is a big Robin fan. I'm glad you liked it.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I'd like to thank all my readers as usual and in particular Colleen, Figgie, Vincent, adn Muppetfan24/7. I wrote this to help me cope with Jerry's death, but at the same time I'm glad someone else enjoyed it.