Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think you could say that for any film! I've never seen as many previews as I saw for Battleship, and that was a huge bomb.
I tend to see a lot of promos for movies that are hits as well, so that's kinda a stretch anyway. I've never seen a movie that didn't have extreme promotions everywhere. Maybe Scott Pilgrim, but that was pretty much stealth marketed at comic book stores.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I couldn't believe Liam Neeson had a part in that. Dude, really? Paydays that tight?

----------------
I've wondered if that's why Chevy Chase and Richard Erdman are even on Community to begin with.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I tend to see a lot of promos for movies that are hits as well, so that's kinda a stretch anyway. I've never seen a movie that didn't have extreme promotions everywhere. Maybe Scott Pilgrim, but that was pretty much stealth marketed at comic book stores.
Promos are out there for every movie, but I think Battleship got a lot more than normal. As an avid ESPN watcher, in early May they were placing promos for the movie in the middle of SportsCenter and linking it with NBA playoff commercials. It reeked of desperation at that point.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The counter is now at roughly $225,000 as of this posting date. According to Box Office Mojo, this must gross $5 million at most in order for it to be considered a legendary flop. Let's hope for the best, people!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
The counter is now at roughly $225,000 as of this posting date. According to Box Office Mojo, this must gross $5 million at most in order for it to be considered a legendary flop. Let's hope for the best, people!
Ooooh. At this rate, it better be a legendary flop. Just looking at this movie makes me sick to my stomach. Does anyone know what the biggest flop in movie history is right now? I totally forgot. :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the biggest flop in movie history is right now? I totally forgot. :confused:
Again, as mentioned in another thread, I think Mike Myers's The Love Guru holds that position... or at least, I know most critics have dubbed it the worst movie of all time.