E-mail for Muppet Show DVD seasons 4 & 5

dwmckim

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind when you're calling or emailing a big corporation like Disney -

Lots of times information about release dates or specific details regarding upcoming projects are tightly controlled, so you may very well end up with a vague generic response even if the person providing the answer truly does know more. If a press release is scheduled to go out on the 15th announing the status of a dvd and you're talking to someone on the 14th, they'll tell you they don't know or to wait and see.

acegabauer

Reaction score
Well here it is 2012 and STILL NO SEASON 4!!!!! I copied and will paste an older post that had the number to Disney so we can all call and complain about it.. I think if we get enough people to call and tell them that we want seasons 4 and 5 out then maybe it will hurry them up! Please help me with this by calling so we can get Season 4 on the roll!
Here is the older post that another member wrote to them and they gave him this response and number:

Unfortunately, there are no release dates scheduled for these titles at
this time. We will forward your comments to our marketing department to
take into consideration when planning future release schedules.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply
to this email. You may also contact us at 800 723-4763 (Canada: 888
877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST."

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
I heard it would either be release late this year or early next year. I think they are having trouble finding some episodes and want to add special features to it. But what do I know, I'm just a Fig.:shifty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I heard it would either be release late this year or early next year. I think they are having trouble finding some episodes and want to add special features to it. But what do I know, I'm just a Fig.:shifty:
Next year would just be plain idiotic. That would be a 5 year wait for a single season, who knows when 5 will come out. They NEED to get this thing out here ASAP. if they were waiting until after the movie, it's after the movie now. The ideal point to release it is when the movie comes out on home video, and that's a couple months away. We would have had word by now if it was. But the ball was dropped again.

Like I said, the hold up isn't the problem. The fact they can't even address why it's taken so long, 3 years after it was announced after being delayed a year before gets my goat. We can handle the news. I keep hearing about other DVD's being long delayed, even canceled after they're announced, but the studios at least give a reason.

It's time to release the last 2 seasons of the show AND Muppets Tonight while we still even have DVD's.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Next year would just be plain idiotic. That would be a 5 year wait for a single season, who knows when 5 will come out. They NEED to get this thing out here ASAP. if they were waiting until after the movie, it's after the movie now. The ideal point to release it is when the movie comes out on home video, and that's a couple months away. We would have had word by now if it was. But the ball was dropped again.

Like I said, the hold up isn't the problem. The fact they can't even address why it's taken so long, 3 years after it was announced after being delayed a year before gets my goat. We can handle the news. I keep hearing about other DVD's being long delayed, even canceled after they're announced, but the studios at least give a reason.

It's time to release the last 2 seasons of the show AND Muppets Tonight while we still even have DVD's.
Touche, I agree with you though.
They SHOULD atleast have reasons for being delayed. I don't understand why they can't give a straight answer either?!:mad:

MuppetShow123

Reaction score
I know it's ridiculous not having an answer for the delay, but early this year they are releasing the movie on DVD, and the Muppets have re-garnered some popularity with it. So now is the time to release Season 4 and they should fix any mistakes that they made with the first three sets (a.k.a special features and quality packaging). Also a group shot on the cover would be quite nice :wink:

zns

Reaction score
I know it's ridiculous not having an answer for the delay, but early this year they are releasing the movie on DVD, and the Muppets have re-garnered some popularity with it. So now is the time to release Season 4 and they should fix any mistakes that they made with the first three sets (a.k.a special features and quality packaging). Also a group shot on the cover would be quite nice :wink:
If they want to do a group shot cover, they could probably do that for season 5 since that was the final season. It would make sense.

benp

Reaction score
I wonder if music or appearance clearances could be playing any part in the hold-up. I know that earlier seasons were released with some material edited out due to rights issues; it seems possible that they might be trying to avoid making any further compromises of the material. But that is admittedly just speculation.

zns

Reaction score
I wonder if music or appearance clearances could be playing any part in the hold-up. I know that earlier seasons were released with some material edited out due to rights issues; it seems possible that they might be trying to avoid making any further compromises of the material. But that is admittedly just speculation.
There might be a chance of that happening. Is there anyone from Disney or Henson that we can personally contact and find out what the hold-up is?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i really hope they can get these seasons out this year or next year and hopefully along with studio dc muppets tonight