What Muppets scared you as a child?

WDWspider

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
the Skeksis were so flippin' scary....But, the ones that always gave me the creeps as a little girl were...The Firies!!! That whole "does your head come off, too" thing TOTALLY gave me the heebeejeebees!!!
Yep, mainly the Firies scaed me! I still don't like those guys too much. :concern:

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
Floyd always kinda freeked me out cause I use to think he had no eyeballs. His sunglasses looked to me like eye sockets. I could have sworn he would even blink his empty eye sockets which just made me wanna vomit. Actually I only just found out recently that those were sunglasses and not eye sockets. So I'm getting theropy now. :cool:
Funny, as gross as it is, I prefer to think of him as having no eyeballs. 'Cause, like, it seems more logical. I mean, how do you blink sunglasses? Or maybe he has eyes, but they're like, entirely black or something. Now that would be hot.

Oh, that reminds me of an amusing anecdote. One time, I discovered a message board, and these people started talking about Muppets. This one guy said that a Muppet scared him. He described the Muppet as the one in Animal's band who played guitar and had no eyes. And I'm just thinking, dude, you'll have to be more specific. Turns out, after I went to the next page of posts, that the people at that message board were thinking the same thing as me. At first they thought he was talking about Floyd. Turns out he was talking about Janice.

Oh, and I can't think of any Muppet that scared me as a kid, although I do remember seeing the TimeLife commercial for The Muppet Show, and being weirded out yet fascinated by both Beaker and Janice.

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Boo!

Well, I'm happy to now say that yes, Muppets have scared me too. For a long time I thought I was the only one.........glad to know I'm not.
Vincent Twice scared me. LOTS of Dark Crystal characters scared me too......some still do :embarrassed: Actually, I think it's they gross me out not as much as scare.

I think it was BlueAM that said something about "I'm An Aardvark.....", I kind of remember something about that......but I don't know what memory it's bringing up. Can someone refresh my poor brain? :sleep: I'm old......whadda' ya' expect.

some of you may say, "Zelda, you're in your 30's....WHY do some Muppets still scare you?" And yes, you may laugh at me. I guess because I don't watch horror films or scarry TV or anything like that. The scarrieds thing I've ever watched was The Dark Crystal and Labrynth (sorry about the BAD spelling :embarrassed: )

Yes, the red things in Labrynth scared me too. :eek:

Ellie

Reaction score
Sam the eagle always freaked me out :attitude: .. I used to hide behind the couch when he came on..
Also.. The dude who used to read the muppet show news.. I can't remember his name though..

Whatever

Reaction score
Zelda Rose said:
I think it was BlueAM that said something about "I'm An Aardvark.....", I kind of remember something about that......but I don't know what memory it's bringing up. Can someone refresh my poor brain? :sleep: I'm old......whadda' ya' expect.
:
There was a song by Joe Rhapsoso that goes "I'm an Aardvark... and I'm proud" that was on Sesame Street. It plays on MC Radio sometimes. I don't remember the sketch, just the song.

Whatever

Reaction score
Ellie said:
dude who used to read the muppet show news.. I can't remember his name though..
:halo: He doesn't have a name, he's just "the Muppet newsman." :halo:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Finally! Here's your picture of Munchie!

Here's why I couldn't find a picture of him...it's spelled Munchy, not Munchie. My mistake :embarrassed:

Well, if you check out this link:

http://www.70slivekidvid.com/bcr/mrmunchy2.jpg

You can check him out. The website I got it from was for something called the Krofft Superstars Hour, or something like that. Anyway, they must've added the teeth when he joined the Barbara Mandrell Show. And in this photo, he's eating a surfboard. There's another photo from that site of the same thing only he hasn't taken a bite yet.

I don't think the arms moved on this puppet, they were stuffed (kind of like Big Bird's right wing) and the puppeteer used both hands to work the mouth (I'm assuming). And I'm guessing that the eyes were those typical Krofft eyes where a small black ball was glued behind a clear half-sphere, so it would roll around when the puppet moved.

So yeah. That's Munchy, or I guess they call him "Mr. Munchy" on the website. He freaked me out when I was a kid, but now when I look at him, I can't help but laugh because of that Munchy Blooper where he fell over backwards! I'll never forget that! LOL!!!

Oh yeah, I remember what came on after that blooper...it was a Wilkins Coffee commercial! I don't remember it word for word, but it went like this:

(Wilkins and Wontkins are sitting on a typical Muppet brick wall)

Wilkins: So, what do you think of Wilkins Coffee?
Wontkins: I think it's awful!
(The wall blows up right where Wontkins is. He crawls up out of the bricks and smoke, scared out of his wits)
Wontkins: Uhhhh....just kiddin' Mr. Wilkins!!!

I wish they'd bring out those old commercials on DVD!!!

Convincing John

hdofu

Reaction score
Animal, and that loud Anoncer guy from Sesame Street. Also skeeter, the Eagle and that guy who just goes "bweep" like a chick

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Espcially for BlueAM...........

This is just for BlueAM.
Guess what I found? Just for you.........
I'm an aardvark, and I'm proud!
I'm an aardvark, and I'm happy!
I'm an aardvark,
If I try to be specific
And a little scientific,
I am feeling quite terrific!

I'm an aardvark, fierce and free!
I'm an aardvark, standing bravely!
I'm an aardvark,
And I'm tough and smart and strong
And always right,
And that's the way I'll always be ...

Until I meet another aardvark
Who's bigger than me!

BlueAM, I hope you "enjoyed" this little (psychotic) trip down memory lane. I'm sorry, I just HAD to find the song. I did remember a bit more about it once I saw the lyrics, but there was no music. I bet if I actually heard the song again then I'd remember it..........but like I keep saying, I'm old so it's difficult for me to remember ANYTHING. LOL! :zany:

Reaction score
Skeksis from the Dark Crystal- especially when they made that horrible 'hmmmmmm' noise!!! AUUUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!! niiightmares for weeeeeeeeks!!
also, when I was little it scared me in TMM when Animal got really big after drinking the grow big formula and he destroys the building!