What Muppets scared you as a child?

Boppity

Reaction score
Janice used to scare me for some reason :confused:

And...there was this one sketch I saw when I was little on either the Muppet show or Sesame Street...there were these strange creatures singing a song in their own language...pretty much any sketch with weird noises in them used to creep me out ^_^;

The Egyptian Bert and Ernie scared me as well, and so did the end of TMM when everything came crashing down.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, yeah some of Kermit's jumping around probably would have scared me. He looks like some kind of creepy marionette (which he very well could have been!). Kids do see things differently than adults and are obviously more open to imagining things, fun or scary. :smile:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
the letter U from a certain skit would scare me as a kid...i dont remember much about it...probably for obvious reasons

muppetsforever

Reaction score
Lol, yeah some of Kermit's jumping around probably would have scared me. He looks like some kind of creepy marionette (which he very well could have been!). Kids do see things differently than adults and are obviously more open to imagining things, fun or scary. :smile:
Well he was probably a rod puppet for that piece, but either way....

Back when I found this clip, I sent it to my sister and she wound't even click on the link. She's still freaked out by it.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
While I don't have the time right now to look oer this entire thread (darn me and my late arrival), I would like to add my thoughts...

I wasn't every really scared by any of the muppet characters or creatures save for one. The Lily Creature from Fraggle Rock (Red's Sea Monster episode) scared the holy heck out of me the first few times I saw it. As I got older, I actually came to love the big lug. LOL.

muppetguy

Reaction score
To be honest...

I was scared of Rizzo. No so much as terrified, but more of a "ill, he looks nasty", kinda thing. Till this day I'm not too fond of Rizzo. Sorry Rizzo fans.:shifty:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
The large, Muppet eating monsters with the big mouths. You know the ones I mean!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Most of the obscure muppets in Muppets Christmas Carol freaked me out, which was all of them that weren't part of the regular Muppet Show cast.