Reaction score
No Day But Today- Episode 34
Airdate: 1-6-07
Written & Created by Princeton
Starring: Princeton as Himself
Redboobergurl as Puddin’
Rue McClanahan as Granny Mae
Camryn Manheim as Misty

Open on The Turquoise Parrot. Granny Mae and Princeton are organizing the menu for the wedding ceremony, which will be held at The Turquoise Parrot.

Granny Mae: Oh, Doo-dah, I just can’t decide between the roast duck or my Birmingham style gumbo!

Princeton: Well, Granny, I’d say neither, because neither one of them are on the menu.
Granny Mae: Your point being?
Princeton: Granny, you can’t put together a menu unless it includes items that are originally on the menu of the restaurant where the event will be held!
Granny Mae: Whew! That sure made me dizzy! (Just then, Puddin’ walks in, looking quite disheveled) Why, Puddin’, you look like you’ve had quite the fright!
Puddin’: Mae darling, let me clarify something. I’m British, which means I can say words like “fright” and “bloody”. *You’re* Southern, which means your vocabulary is limited to words like “tarnation” and “corn pone”.
Princeton: Now, Puddin’, you don’t have to be mean about it.
Puddin’: I know, Prin, and Mae, I do apologize, but I had a vision last night that hasn’t left me entirely yet.
Granny Mae: Well, what was it?
Puddin’: My dead mother was telling me I had to get in contact with her; apparently she has some important news to tell me.

Commercial Break

Granny Mae: Well, do you have any ideas about what she has to tell you?
Puddin’: Not a clue! It may have something to do with the wedding, but then again, I couldn’t be sure. My main concern is how I’m going to get in contact with her. I certainly hope she’s not waiting for me to have another vision.
Granny Mae: Well, Puddin’, the answer is quite clear to me: we go to a spiritual advisor!
Puddin’: What do you mean “we”? *I’m* the one in crisis here, so common knowledge proves I work alone! Oh, Mae darling, I apologize again; really, it is a marvelous idea! But is there someone like that in Toledo?
Granny Mae: Oh, why, darling, of course there is: Misty the Medium, down on the Hungarian side!

Cut to the parking lot of Misty’s apartment building. Puddin’ and Granny Mae are sitting outside in Puddin’s Mercedes.

Granny Mae: So, what are we waiting for?
Puddin’: Well, Mae, you must admit this whole ordeal is a little spooky. Suppose we see this woman and then while I’m sleeping tonight, a zombie comes into my bedroom and sucks my brain right out of my skull?
Granny Mae: Well, it *is* that time of the season.
Puddin’: Oh, be still, would ya? Now come on, let’s get this over with! (They both get out of the car and walk in the building, up to Misty’s apartment. Puddin’ knocks on the door)
Misty (from inside): ENTER!

Commercial Break

Open on Puddin’ and Granny Mae walking into Misty’s apartment. Misty runs out of her kitchen area and scoops them both up in a huge hug.

Misty (puts them down): Oh, excuse me, ladies, but I like to start off each session with a hug.
Puddin’: Think nothing of it, Misty. Whatever you want to do is fine with us.
Misty: Well, thank you for understanding, Puddin’.
Puddin’ (amazed): But…I never told you my name!
Misty: I know, I’m a little psychic, too. Now, the overall fee is $5 and that does not include tip.
Puddin (hands her a $5 bill): Naturally.
Misty: Ladies, if you may, please sit around this table. (All three sit down) Now, let’s begin. Okay, I’m getting a… dead duck?
Puddin’: Oh, that must be my dead mother; her name was Ducklin’!
Misty: Excellent. Now, your mother is sending us a message regarding a ceremony… of some sort?
Puddin’: Why, yes! My foster daughter is getting married!
Granny Mae: To my grandson!
Misty: Please, Ms. Mae, I work alone. Moving on. Puddin’, am I right in assuming that you are displeased with these nuptials?
Puddin’: Yes, extremely.
Misty: All right, now we’re getting somewhere! Now, Puddin’, I must tell you that you are not the only one who is displeased. Your mother is telling me that she is simply disgusted with your attitude towards this whole thing. She says that if you do not change your ways, she will be forever ashamed of you. Now… oh, Puddin’, I’m sorry, we seem to have lost her. Well, Puddin’, have I done a satisfactory job?
Puddin’: Above and beyond. Now, what might be an appropriate tip for your services?
Misty: No worries, Puddin’. This one’s on the house.

The End

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Puddin' wouldn't like me, I'm southern as well, but we certainly don't use phrases like "tarnation" and "corn pone" anymore.

And wow, when's the last time we had a Madison-less episode?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great episode, I like how Puddin's mother's name was Ducklin'! Very cute.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Sorry I never got round to replying to this one Brian. Good work.

Princeton

Reaction score
Puddin' wouldn't like me, I'm southern as well, but we certainly don't use phrases like "tarnation" and "corn pone" anymore.
Upon rediscovery, I remember that an earlier draft had "catfish" instead of "corn pone", which I think works better; not sure why I changed it.

Princeton

Reaction score
Wow, this is a blast from the past to see pop up! :smile:
Yeah, I found this while looking for another thread. Plus, I used to have the whole series (plus two unposted episodes) on my hard drive, but they're long gone.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I found this while looking for another thread. Plus, I used to have the whole series (plus two unposted episodes) on my hard drive, but they're long gone.
I was really disappointed that the series was canceled before the finale was posted... it's a shame that those lost episodes are long gone now, maybe someday in the future you could re-write them to the best of your memory? I remember I had to re-write an entire season of T*K*O after a lightning storm destroyed an old hard drive of mine.

Princeton

Reaction score
I was really disappointed that the series was canceled before the finale was posted... it's a shame that those lost episodes are long gone now, maybe someday in the future you could re-write them to the best of your memory? I remember I had to re-write an entire season of T*K*O after a lightning storm destroyed an old hard drive of mine.
After I stopped posting the series on MC, I only wrote two more and then ended the series for good. One of them I won't post because of content issues, but if you're really interested in the other, I'm confident I can re-write it. Just let me know.